• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Got my new voter registration card in the mail today--an official DINO.. :)

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    My wife and I got our Dino voter registration cards in the mail Friday. Didn't care much for that feeling seeing Democrat on the same paper as my name.

That feeling went away after I went shooting Saturday, Screw'em "DINO" for the cause :rasp:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Frosh Announces Exploratory Committee for AG Run

Can you still explain why being a DINO would be bad ?

http://www.brianfrosh.com

The purpose of this committee to get the endorsements of anyone who would be in a position to run against him. If he runs at all it will be because he has already won, and scared off any challengers. This is how the machine works.

there will be no challenger unless we find one, do that first. Then decide if DINO is the way or if its better to be a republican challenger in the general.

Find a candidate first....

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I think the Operation DINO is a great idea most places in Maryland and support it. However there are some districts where it might be counter productive. That is:

If you live in a swing district that can go either D or R, and if the Republican primary is competitive (or has no incumbent running for reelection) - then if all of the freedom-loving voters switch over to the Democratic primary exclusively, we run the risk of nominating a RINO in the Republican primary - who may then go on to win the general election. So there's an unintended consequence that could turn around and bite us.

I'm just saying think about your individual district before you pull that particular trigger. Given this is Maryland, DINOs are a good idea most places - just not all places.

This is very important to understand, and IMO 100% correct.

rstickle

Jul 12, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    2. We need to actually vote on election day. Republicans didn't show up on election day this past election. We can't just bitch, moan and threaten. We have to actually show up and make our voices heard by walking into the voting booth and make this happen.

The last couple of elections I have voted absentee. That was to make sure that I wasn't sent away due to work at the wrong time, which has happened in the past. Not to mention it means NOT having to stand in long lines at the poling places.

Just pointing it out as an option.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    If you aren't a democrat when you are young then you have no heart, if your not a republican when you hit your 40's you have no brains........ If you don't DINO yourself, you must not live in Central Maryland.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    This needs to more widespread than just gun owners. There has to be tons of moderate and conservative folks that are sick of what is happening to the central parts of the state that aren't on MDS.

My dad is an old-school Kennedy Dem. Even he's sick of how MoCo has been run like California. He said MoCo is going through middle-class flight since they screw the middle class over so much here. Eventually the county will be folks rich enough to live in Bethesda/Potomac or folks that need to depend on the gov. No middle class.

BerettaTMC

Apr 12, 2010
    Registration as a DINO should be only one facet of this strategy. Ultimately, we need strong, electable candidates to come forward. It won't make a bit of difference if the opposition candidate to one of these incumbents is not electable. Another "bad" scenario is trading one gun-grabber for another. Sure it would be nice to gain vengeance in the voting booth and send them packing....but if it doesn't put a "friendly" in the state house or legislature...then what was the real point?

There is such an overwhelming void in talented statewide Republican candidates that maybe there should be a paradigm shift in strategy aside from the DINO movement. Candidates like Bognino should not have run in a U.S. Senate race...not without prior name recognition AND huge financial backing. He was (and is) better off tackling a "lesser" political position (State Senate or House of Delegates). He then could use that as a platform to go on to bigger and better things and establishing a track record. He could have had an impact. I am not blaming him...I just think that there could have been a greater impact on our daily lives if our (conservative/libertarian) best candidates run for positions that there is decent chance of winning election.

We need to start laying the ground work and have people with our same ideals get involved. Grassroot movements do not happen over night. This could take years of hard work and dedication. Our greatest advantage is our passion. Let's turn a negative into a positive and use these set-backs to wake up the silent majority through education and information. Most people buy into the "common sense approach to gun control" without fully understanding what exactly that means. They listen to the scare tactics and promises about how this legislation will "protect the children" and how it will make them sleep comfortably at night.

The uninformed buy into the fairy tales and symbolism without looking at facts and reality. These people do not make any connection or see the trend of elitists dictating through laws what is good and bad for them (hello Michael Bloomberg). Meanwhile our explicit Constitutional Rights are thrown to the wayside...yesterday it was cigarettes and 20+oz sugared soda drinks (in NYC), today it is guns...next it will be fossil fuel burning automobiles...until finally we are living in an authoritarian state that is perpetuated by lavishing benefits on the masses in exchange for their political support and selective individual freedoms.

Sorry for the rant but I need to vent...

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    This needs to more widespread than just gun owners. There has to be tons of moderate and conservative folks that are sick of what is happening to the central parts of the state that aren't on MDS.

My dad is an old-school Kennedy Dem. Even he's sick of how MoCo has been run like California. He said MoCo is going through middle-class flight since they screw the middle class over so much here. Eventually the county will be folks rich enough to live in Bethesda/Potomac or folks that need to depend on the gov. No middle class.

I'm so upset to be from here. Our politicians are such scumbags.

I have been a registered Democrat for 38 years, since age 18. I have never voted for a Democrat presidential candidate, and seldom for any Democrat state or local candidate. There is no point in registering as a Republican or Independent in Maryland, but one's Democrat registration may be used to fight "behind the lines" in the primaries.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Wow, the Democrats must have an "expedite" law in place if registering Democrat. I got my card yesterday, it only took a week. I'm officially now a DINO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom