• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Finly centered the windege on scope mounts, & bore sighting the 2.5x fixed power on the "MSR" Upper. Doe moves into the visuel point where I'm boresighting.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Double Sucuess !

#1 - Plmetto St upper w/ scope , windge is spot on.

#2 - Colt Commdo upper w/ 1:12 twist puts Fed "Bird" 62gr Pb-core fmj point first. ( Vs 62gr M855-ish which is full sidewys 10yds. Which points to possibility of 62gr bonded for deer , for both uppers.)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While boresighting , deer w@lks in front of gun.

Boresighting w@s sucuessful , fixing multi l@yer p@in in butt th( h@d been frustr@iting me.

Different type of 62gr 5.56 works inste@d of tumbling from 1:12 bbl .

First two post w@s @ble to select words w/o using dre@ded "@" for (first letter) sunstitution , but it seems to h@ve been @t expense of undferst@nd@bility.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm still trying to figure out "bore-sighting" on a doe. Or was I supposed to insert an A somewhere?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I've got stacks of keyboards at home, but doesn't help on the phone which is my primary 'net surfing device.

I was already boresighting on purpose. The doe then walked inbetween the scope and the aiming point. Tried to arrange a raincheck for her to return in about 3.5 weeks, have to see how that works out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've got stacks of keyboards at home, but doesn't help on the phone which is my primary 'net surfing device.

I was already boresighting on purpose. The doe then walked inbetween the scope and the aiming point. Tried to arrange a raincheck for her to return in about 3.5 weeks, have to see how that works out.

That's a start. Try not being so cryptic and we won't have to take 10 posts to figure it out. Just some friendly advice.:)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I was only able to today, because my home computer magically stopped letting me connect to MDS and other gun rights sites on 11/01 , and only magically began working again this morning. ( Would still let me access several firearm specifc sites, but not those with heavy 2A activism emphasis. )

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now that I'm back home to real keyboard.

This is not a civillian psuedo-Commando . It started it's life as part of a FA. Of course, at the time I set out to research to try to determine its pedegree. But turns out that it's not possable from just an upper.

Commando was a semi-offical nickname for several different Colt Model numbers , and never was an official US Mil weapon having offical configuration. It seems Colt did not make Commando for stock , but rather mfg each batch as they recieved orders. The concencus among Colt collectors is : 1. large orders could to a degree specify features 2. Colt would use components on hand at the moment, and they could be mixed in combinations they did not occur in the larger M16 or AR-15 world, and could be anacronistic for the era in which they were assembled/ sold. As well as I can WAG , points to M733 , from late '60s to mid '70s.

BradMac82 has seen this upper when he helped me build my pistol lower.
    Skinny 11.5in , marked as chrome lined 1:12 , A1 flashhider. A1 upper reciever, teardrop foreward assist, no shell deflector. The person from whom purchased used it on his personal full auto, didn't think to ask at time if were the orig lower, or a different registered selective lower.

ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    While boresighting , deer w@lks in front of gun.

Boresighting w@s sucuessful , fixing multi l@yer p@in in butt th( h@d been frustr@iting me.

Different type of 62gr 5.56 works inste@d of tumbling from 1:12 bbl .

First two post w@s @ble to select words w/o using dre@ded "@" for (first letter) sunstitution , but it seems to h@ve been @t expense of undferst@nd@bility.

We need to shoot steel sometime. PM me.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is not a civillian psuedo-Commando . It started it's life as part of a FA. Of course, at the time I set out to research to try to determine its pedegree. But turns out that it's not possable from just an upper.
    What you're describing is an XM177E2 upper, not an M16A2 Commando or M4 Commando. Colt never applied that name to the 1:12 uppers. (Sorry if I seem picky - I also happen to have a genuine M4 Commando upper from an FA gun.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Colt_AR-15_variants

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom