• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    Can any industry partners in the Baltimore area install some night sights on a Glock 42 while I wait? I don't want to drop it off! Thanks.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Can any industry partners in the Baltimore area install some night sights on a Glock 42 while I wait? I don't want to drop it off! Thanks.

Just my two cents . . . if they have what you want in stock Freestate might be able to do it. If you buy the sights from them the install is usually free. You will have to check with them of course, but if they have them and you take it in when "Bob" is working they might be able to help you out. He has done several of my Springfields. I had to leave them because he soaks the slide in penetrating oil for a day or two before trying to press those bastards out, but I don't recall the Glock's sights being that big of a deal so he might be able to take care of you while you wait. Plus, you can take another pistol or try that one out on the range afterwards.

As an alternate, I have heard the folks at Gun Connection on Rt. 40 have done a few while customers waited, but as always call in advance.

Both are IP's and I am sure others will chime in.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Had mine done at The Cop Shop on my G23 some few years back. Was in and out in 15-20 minutes. This included them answering phone calls while servicing my weapon.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Buy the bitdriver and a wooden/plastic dowel and do it yourself. I too worried about damaging the slide, but I did mine and it was so easy I didn't know why I was concerned. Gives you a sense of accomplishment and you may have to adjust the rear sight when you shoot it for the first time anyway. Go ahead, I think I spent less than $10 to buy everything I needed. I truthfully completed the task in less than 10 minutes.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom