• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , I'm not discussing the "Best" 1911 , or your personal favorite. I'm looking for specific combination of features.

Those of us of certain age , visualize the late '70's AMT Hardbqller , itself resembling '70s Gold Cup , in brushe s t*
    Stainless ( b reaskthru aat time). .

Other than orig , whqt of more recent vint*ge hqs re*r only serrations , adj sight , serr*ted rib on top ?

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I'm lost on this post?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      18.7 KB · Views: 389

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    He says " Resembling a 70's Gold Cup in brushed stainless ( breakthrough at the time ).

"Rear only serrations, adjustable sight, serrated rib on top."

I remember the Hardballer model. Can't really think of anything that matches the long slide with the other features.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    5in was first, longslide , 4in , & 5in fixed sights came later.Later ones had beAvertail & beveled magwells, not sure about timeline of those changes & namechange to Galena Industries.

Quality ? 1st tier of 1stGen 1911 Clones, & reasonably close to mid 1970 vintage Colts. ( Take that as whichever combo of praise of AMT & Slam of 1970's Colt as prefered. The current expectations of out of box reliability for 1911's didn't occur until mid 1980's.)

But anyway , no ideas for Hardballer/ Gold Cup -ish slides other than the origonals ? ( Disregarding Ed Brown & similar $$$ .)

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    The only problems that they were noted for was the only ammo they liked was "ball", FTF with anything else, sometimes "stove pipes", when reloading they didn't like H&G 68 style bullets, had to be round nose, but with some mods both the Hard Baller and the Long Slide shot fine. Used the L.S. as a pin gun, Bucheimer made a holster for it, kinda funny looking. Have a few hundred rounds through both no problems. Some say they rattled because of the slide to frame fit, both I have are tight and have "recoil" buffers in them, that's what they called them back then.Some smith's back around that time were taking S&W rear sights and milling the slides on the Colts and attaching them, also Bomar rear sights, have both. Anyway would love to build a Long-slide-ish 1911..."one of these days" with the many other "to do build list"

-Rock

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You can buy a real-deal Hardballer on GB for like $600. So it's hardly out of reach for someone who wants that particular gun, except for all the money you're likely to spend fixing it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom