• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    First I have seen of it. Seems pricey. They got the Evo 3 through so I'd imagine in time this 1 may be allowed as well.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    "step up"? You're assuming that the SCAR is the better rifle. Although I have no experience with the 805 (yet), I'd stack up anything CZ makes against its FN counterpart. I'm not saying that the SCAR is junk but I am saying that I'd lay money on it (if I were a betting man which I most certainly am not) that the 805 is every bit its equal.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    "step up"? You're assuming that the SCAR is the better rifle. Although I have no experience with the 805 (yet), I'd stack up anything CZ makes against its FN counterpart. I'm not saying that the SCAR is junk but I am saying that I'd lay money on it (if I were a betting man which I most certainly am not) that the 805 is every bit its equal.

I meant money-wise. If you're spending $1900, what's another few hundred? I DO assume the SCAR is better, but I say that as a fanboy. I would love to get a semi-automatic 805 BREN rifle though.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    CZ rifles are every bit of quality and innovation as any other but at a valued price without trying to be a copy cat yet others copy CZ.
    A SCAR is a hard one to pass up but I would take the CZ because I'm a fanboy of their products.
    I had a look at my BILs newly purchased Scorpion and it's built like a tank which I assume is for reliable operation yet it's too easy to disassemble for cleaning and servicing.

Hopefully the BREN rifle will be introduced soon and will be available for sale in MD.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    https://youtu.be/iASk_D0aTlA

MAC review is up, with a comparison to SCAR 16

When I saw the charging handle track I did a double take - it's almost identical to the SCAR 16. Take a look at the barrel - 2 retaining screws where the barrel extension should be and one more at the front; took a look at CZ literature and they market a quick-change feature that uses 6 screws to hold the barrel...exactly like the SCAR 16. And when MAC opens it up? Wow! Those carriers look so similar!

Is the magazine well separate from/pinned to the lower? That magwell looks beefy for 5.56...

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I found the review video interesting.
    It looks like somebody was the copy cat and it would be hard to determine since both guns were in development around the same time.

It's interesting to note that CZ takes pride in their own development of their firearms and they are the most copied manufacture regarding their handguns. The Scorpion is a unique fire arm however CZ copied some of the loved features of the MP-5 like the charging handle.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I found the review video interesting.
    It looks like somebody was the copy cat and it would be hard to determine since both guns were in development around the same time.

It's interesting to note that CZ takes pride in their own development of their firearms and they are the most copied manufacture regarding their handguns. The Scorpion is a unique fire arm however CZ copied some of the loved features of the MP-5 like the charging handle.

From what I read, Project 805 began development in 2005...the initial SCAR development program began in 2003. However, the article alleged their similarities are actually the result of their common ancestor: The H&K G36.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    From what I read, Project 805 began development in 2005...the initial SCAR development program began in 2003. However, the article alleged their similarities are actually the result of their common ancestor: The H&K G36.

It's almost reminiscent of operation paper clip. LOL
    I thought it was interesting that the SCAR was in head to head competition with the 805 in the Czech Republic.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Fondled one yesterday, really cool gun and it's on my list. Trop has them if you want to go shoot one on the range.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom