Closeout M44 Mosins at AIM? Anyone grab one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have no self control, & you are a bunch of enablers. My wife is gonna kill me when the boxes arrive and I won't be there to intercept it.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Snagged 5. Prolly will come in one large box. Idk about spank me, but she sure is gonna be hella pissed trying to carry it upstairs.

Why don't you find out how they are being shipped and and have them held at the distribution center (Fed Ex or UPS) or at the Post Office (USPS). Then pick them up yourself. She will not have to lug them up the stairs.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Perfectly safe. Very early Chinese stuff was scary, pre 1950ish. Once Russia started giving China the tooling and technology in the early 50's it's got infinitely better. Their stuff 1950-1980's is purely awesome. Once we started importing commercial arms in the late 80-90's did the craftsmanship go down but it was still very safe and reliable. Just fit and finish on their commercial stuff past the 1990's was fair.

This exactly, once they stopped using LITERALLY pot metal, everything was cool and the gang

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Why don't you find out how they are being shipped and and have them held at the distribution center (Fed Ex or UPS) or at the Post Office (USPS). Then pick them up yourself. She will not have to lug them up the stairs.

I am out of the country and will not be back for a "while"

Back to your former habits now?

Hardly... I only ordered 5. The old YS would have ordered at least 20.:D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I saw a post on gunboards where someone from AIM was stating they came in from Albania in the spring with some SKS and M53 rifles shipped with chunks of cosmo. They had to partially clean them to see what they had and evaluate over the months.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I saw a post on gunboards where someone from AIM was stating they came in from Albania in the spring with some SKS and M53 rifles shipped with chunks of cosmo. They had to partially clean them to see what they had and evaluate over the months.

Link please....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom