• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Does anyone know if one live scan receipt can be used for more than one form 4 with the MSP. I think they expire after 30 days or so. but if it is within that window, will they accept it?
    No I don't have a trust, nor plan on getting one for a while.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Can the LiveScan images be used to print the ATF fingerprint cards? I tend to have sweaty hands so I'm always messing up the fingerprint cards.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Can the LiveScan images be used to print the ATF fingerprint cards? I tend to have sweaty hands so I'm always messing up the fingerprint cards.

No. Live scan gives you a receipt, not prints. You will have to get ink card for the ATF.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No. Live scan gives you a receipt, not prints. You will have to get ink card for the ATF.

Yep. wrong. I had my FBI cards printed from my scan for my Form 4 at American identity Solutions in Rockville (7361 Calhoun Pl.)

They can print out the entire card from the scan. No need to even fill out the part where you write in your info.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Thanks! I'm so happy for Livescan then! You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to redo fingerprint cards because I was on 2 correction stickies and messed up another print.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yep. wrong. I had my FBI cards printed from my scan for my Form 4 at American identity Solutions in Rockville (7361 Calhoun Pl.)

They can print out the entire card from the scan. No need to even fill out the part where you write in your info.

I stand corrected.
    Do they provide the card or do they print on the blue card from ATF? I have been getting it done a CJIS and another place in RR plaza.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I had my FBI cards printed from my scan for my Form 4 at American identity Solutions in Rockville (7361 Calhoun Pl.)

Didnt know there was a place that did LiveScan in Rockville. Ive always had mine done at FYI Fingerprinting in Ellicott City. Ever since they switched to LiveScan Ive always had them print them onto my FBI blue cards too. No more ink for me. Takes forever to come off anyways.

What does AIS in Rockville charge for LiveScan and 2 FBI blue cards?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Didnt know there was a place that did LiveScan in Rockville. Ive always had mine done at FYI Fingerprinting in Ellicott City. Ever since they switched to LiveScan Ive always had them print them onto my FBI blue cards too. No more ink for me. Takes forever to come off anyways.

What does AIS in Rockville charge for LiveScan and 2 FBI blue cards?

66 bucks

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Isn't Livescan what you need to use for the HQL?

Is that printing and a database check or just the printing? Does the subject get a copy of the results?

The results are only good for 30 days?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It's both. Live Scan for MSP, printing of cards for Form 4. Yep 30 days. You get a receipt you file with MSP and one you keep.

ETA the 66 dollar price included 2 passport photos as well. If you don't need pictures, it's less than 66.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It's both. Live Scan for MSP, printing of cards for Form 4. Yep 30 days. You get a receipt you file with MSP and one you keep.

ETA the 66 dollar price included 2 passport photos as well. If you don't need pictures, it's less than 66.

Thanks. They do the pictures also?

Sounds like you have to go get the LiveScan the day you file the application, since the State gets 30 days to process the application per SB281.

Wonder if they are planning to call it 30 business days, cause that'll really mess up the timing... What a clusterf this will be if the LiveScan expires due to their process delay.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    For a LTCH permit, MSP requires the paperwork be mailed to them within 72 hours of the scan. I don't know what rule will apply for a HQL. I'd guess something similar except you may have to appear in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom