• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I got a great deal on a Zephyr and couldn't turn it down. What do you guys think of them. It looked well built and is serviceable. The only down side is the aluminum mono core.
    Hopefully I can take possession by this time next year.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why ask if you already bought it? As you've noted, aluminum monocore isn't the best these days, but it's certainly usable.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I've got 2 of their cans. CHD in 22 and the SG in 9mm. Not the most effective cans that I have in either caliber. But priced right and well made. I use them mainly in full auto on a MAC.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The alum monocore is their signature design .The next most affordable disasembable product line seems to be Coastal Gun , using K baffles.

But alas '13 is the year to invest in handguns and evil rifles.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The alum monocore is their signature design .The next most affordable disasembable product line seems to be Coastal Gun , using K baffles.

But alas '13 is the year to invest in handguns and evil rifles.

I've got 5 Coastal cans. The Coastal subgun can is quieter than the Thompson Machine SG.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks. For the price I paid, I could not turn it down. Al core or not. I may see if they have any more.....

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I bought a Zephyr when they changed the core design. I was a little pissed when my dealer got them in because he ordered a Zephyr XL for himself. They were not advertised yet but I would have bought one of those instead to help reduce first round pop which is my only gripe with the suppressor. However, it is my first and only one until my Octane 9 comes in.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I bought a Zephyr when they changed the core design. I was a little pissed when my dealer got them in because he ordered a Zephyr XL for himself. They were not advertised yet but I would have bought one of those instead to help reduce first round pop which is my only gripe with the suppressor. However, it is my first and only one until my Octane 9 comes in.

I have a Spectre II now, so I am not worried about it. My son and I enjoy shooting suppressed, so I figured what they heck. Now (well in the distant future) we can both shoot suppressed at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom