• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowens

Jul 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    I was told when I come pick up my gun I must bring a bore lock or purchase one from them for $25.00.

I live here in Westminster but will be picking the gun up in Glen Burnie.

Anyone have a lock they would be willing to loan out? I will be picking it up the week of the 28th.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    I have the cable lock thingamajig that came with my Shield. I'm in Pikesville and you're more than welcome to swing by and pick it up on your way down there.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have the cable lock thingamajig that came with my Shield. I'm in Pikesville and you're more than welcome to swing by and pick it up on your way down there.

Cable locks aren't going to satisfy MD requirement.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Stay away from Omega Bore locks. I received one with my Ruger LCR 357 and after I installed the lock properly, I couldn't get it unlocked to remove it. It was free-spinning when i turned the key. I had to press on it through the barrel with a brass punch while turning the "key" to remove it. Too much trouble. I have the same lock for my ruger SR1911 and it worked fine for a while but couldnt trust it. Been using Franzen locks instead. They aren't as pretty but I know they wont get stuck in my firearms.

Picture for good measure :D

Ruger SR1911 with Cocobolo Grips

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I bought one of the omega 9mm bore locks with my 9mm because of the Maryland law. Clerk at the LGS even demonstrated how it worked. I put it in the bag with the gun and its been sitting on my desk ever since.

I much prefer the cable locks - its obvious the gun is locked and I don't have to worry about it getting stuck.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    They are certainly easy to use, but they can be a pain to remove. I almost thought I had to send my Ruger LCR in to have it removed and it was brand new so I was pretty ticked off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom