• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    This one was just delivered today. This rifle is interesting in that it still has some original parts. The bolt (complete scrubbed and restamped Tula) and the buttplate (lined out and restamped Tula) have been replaced. Everything else, as far as anyone could tell, is original. The stock is a one piece prewar Izhesk and every part has consistent wear and the Izhevsk triangle. You can see the mag plate is original because the fonts match exactly. I'm surprised the Finns took the time to line out and restamp the buttplate. Great bore and overall very nice condition.

BplMeFN.jpg

AZHkbYP.jpg

LVzuDmE.jpg

zvfkR7b.jpg

PNn6nIP.jpg

uMglYAb.jpg

7uUD1UB.jpg

bZ6R9Tr.jpg

RnzvhNB.jpg

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Very nice. where did you find it? If that was luck of the draw you won big. congrats
    I got it off gunbroker. I could see that at least some of the parts were original through the sellers pics. I'm starting to grab the capture rifles when I can because I'm actually going to steal one of h2u's collecting ideas.

Is it import marked? I think I can see part of the SA Finn mark in one of the pics.
    The SA mark is there, though no 41 mark so it's probably a Winter War capture. The import mark is the old CAI mark at the end of the barrel. They don't mark them like they used to.

2Jg5WvL.jpg

2mxxNhQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom