• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Anyone know anything about these (rarity/value/number sent to the Norwegians, etc)? Just purchased one that should arrive by the weekend, couldn't resist as it seemed pretty unique I don't recall ever seeing a Politi marked P37 before. This one is from the Nazi jhv 41 contract and looks to be in good shape, and the price seemed right at under $500, but I have no clue if that's actually a good deal or not for something Politi marked. Any info would be appreciated!

Attachments

• pix721913478.jpg
      pix721913478.jpg
      55.6 KB · Views: 379
    Jul 1, 2012
    Putting the post on the Luger gunboard was the way to go. If they don't know, no one will :) Femaru's are pretty hot right now so it's probably a good deal. Looks pretty nice just from the one pic. Matching mag(s) ? Import marks?

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Putting the post on the Luger gunboard was the way to go. If they don't know, no one will :) Femaru's are pretty hot right now so it's probably a good deal. Looks pretty nice just from the one pic. Matching mag(s) ? Import marks?

Nothing solid yet on gunboards, just some links posted to older threads that mention a Politi Femaru but no mention of numbers, etc. just curious as I found the old thread here from Machodoc listing all the various German guns known to be Politi marked and the P.37 wasn't on it. No import marks, mag is a bit of a mystery until it arrives. Seller is a gunshop in NY, when I called to pay he made it pretty clear he had no idea what the gun was, didn't know it was even Nazi marked. He said it was sold to them with a weird looking mag that he didn't seem to think was correct but he is including it anyway, and that's about all the detail I was able to get...so guess I'll expect the worse and be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be a matching mag.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    ... just curious as I found the old thread here from Machodoc listing all the various German guns known to be Politi marked and the P.37 wasn't on it.

That may have been Mawkie ... or maybe Sled (YellowSled). That's outside the scope of my expertise, but both of them have Politi-marked guns, I think.

From what little I do know, though, I think it's safe to say that you did just fine. It looks like a really nice piece to have!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    That was me. I've got a Politi marked CZ27. Great find! I love the history and back story of ex-German pistols in Norwegian police service. Odds are if it's a .32 or .380 and fielded by the Nazis then it probably found use in Norwegian police service. Your Femaru is probably pretty uncommon if not outright rare.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    That was me. I've got a Politi marked CZ27. Great find! I love the history and back story of ex-German pistols in Norwegian police service. Odds are if it's a .32 or .380 and fielded by the Nazis then it probably found use in Norwegian police service. Your Femaru is probably pretty uncommon if not outright rare.

Yep sorry credit goes to you for that one, my bad. Thanks for the comments all, got a few more hits over on Gunboards, seems there may not have been many mod. 37s marked as such, I'll put some more pics in here when it arrives.

Last edited:

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Nice Femaru...that is one of the ones on my list as well. Would like to get 1 - 2 examples of the most desirable original ones I can find at some point.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Nice Femaru...that is one of the ones on my list as well. Would like to get 1 - 2 examples of the most desirable original ones I can find at some point.

Yeah I hear you there, I really like the look of them for some reason... I already have a decent jhv 43 but will probably get at least one more some day. I would really like a nice matching rig with the canvas/leather style holster.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Recently posted a politi marked dreyse.. Check it out...

Yep your 1907 and Mawkie's CZ27 posts were my first stop...both beautiful guns! Seems the Dreyse is also a rare one with regards to the Politi markings (also saw your gunboards post). Very nice finds indeed!

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Sorry I didnt link to it when I commented, I was on my iphone.

To the Femaru, that is a nice piece... I have always wanted one and given that was NAzi issue and then Norwegian makes it extremely nice find. Congrats!

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Awesome finds, Mawkie's CZ 27 looks to be in great shape for under 300 bucks that's a fantastic pick up!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Gun arrived today, here are a few more photos. Gun itself looks pretty good, finish is nice overall. Mag is a different story...it started life as a mod. 37 mag, I'm guessing at some point the finger rest extension broke off so Bubba decided to make his own. Ugly as heck. Since chances of finding a mag numbered to this gun are basically zero, if anyone has a spare mismatched mod. 37 mag they would sell at a reasonable price shoot me a PM.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      125.8 KB · Views: 189

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ if bubba would have made it match the rest of the gun it wouldn't have been so terrible, these are similar to the Berretta 1935 finger rest extensions looks like.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    ^^^ if bubba would have made it match the rest of the gun it wouldn't have been so terrible, these are similar to the Berretta 1935 finger rest extensions looks like.

Yeah Bubba only cared about function with that one, definitely not looks. It fits fine, but doesn't match at all when in the gun. The bore of the gun is spotless, so maybe Bubba realized it looked ridiculous and was embarrassed to pull it out at the range, thus it never got much use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom