Gun Sales Booming: Doomsday, Obama or Zombies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Friend of mine from Florida called me the other day....says he is having trouble getting 9mm and .223 ammo locally down there.....

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Ruby Ridge was an ATF setup to get Weaver to be a puppet. Note, no charges stuck against Weaver, and his family was killed.

The evidence in the Waco incident is pure conjecture, just like what currently happened with the hutaree.

Bottom line: Clinton had an anti-2A agenda, and so does Obama (proven by Fast and Furious).

I think you're being too kind. RR was a manufactured ATF fraud. An ATF informant had to beg Weaver relentlessly to manufacture a shotgun which was illegally short. I believe it was Gerry Spence who sued and recovered a sum not enough, but not trivial, on behalf of the Weaver family for the .gov's abuses. The helicopter was in the air carrying a fuel-air bomb, but was called off at the last minute. The bomb they were going to drop on the Weaver family was the largest non-nuclear one in the military's arsenal. Instead, they just had Lon Horiuchi shoot his son in the back, and his wife, as she was holding their baby.

Waco was another ATF set up. Congress was considering appropriations at the time, and ATF wanted a slam-bam kick-ass video display of their meanness. An informant told them that he had seen an *upper* receiver illegally modified to fire FA. Based on this misinformation, the .gov obtained a search warrant. Koresh would leave his compound regularly for shopping trips, but they didn't want to arrest him there, they wanted a "made for TV" special, so they did what they did. Reno had to look around to find an officer who would allow military equipment to be used against civilians. She found Gen. Weasley Clark. He was an obscure general officer whose career took off after this escapade.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I am a pale cragga and I am on some blue pumas' list ... I need to defense myself ...

Even Chesapeake Guns has more cars in the parking lot than I have ever seen. Everytime I drive by there are 4-5 cars in front of it, it used to be none ....

I personally just enjoy shooting more lately. Bought three new guns this year already, expecting a tax stamp to come back this month ... used to be MAYBE 2 guns a year ... used to have just enough ammo for the next range day at home, now it is ... more ....

Last edited:
    I stopped in Cabela's in Hamburg the day before Easter to pick up some powder and stuff. The gun counter was 5 deep in people. They now have and area set aside where buyers enter their 4473 information into a computer, which is then printed out on the form set. All eight stations were in use, three by women. There was a line leading to the stations.

The reloading aisles were fairly busy. A very hot forty something woman was buying up powder and other supplies. Another pair of women had a cart full of shot shells. I was looking for some .30 cal Noslers in 165 grains and there were none to be had. I did get some Varget, BL-2(C), and Tightgroup.

Nelben

Jan 11, 2010
    Baltimore
    I get NRA updates in my email and a lot of them do try to invoke fear that Obama and the Dems are trying to take guns. I agree with others here that it'll never happen, it just makes it more expensive to stock up on ammo and find certain guns. Hopefully people will relax a little after the election.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Gun and ammo sales are running away lately. I see it as two fold; the ecomony is in the trash can and the idiot that is in office right now, no one trust him.

He is many things but idiot is not one of them.

Dismiss him at your peril.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Except for the assault weapons ban, not sure how you're equating the rest of those with gun rights.

Still it's a weapons ban. Why should we have restrictions small arms?

Clinton did not have the horsepower to make the ban permanent. This guy said he wants to make it permanent. No one should tell me what I can own or not.

If it's ok for you then that's fine. Europe is nice this time of year for the govvies to tell you what to own and what not.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Ok here is what I am hearing on the other side of the counter, why people are buying and stocking up.

1. Reelection, a lame duck president will reveal his real agenda. This means
    fear of another assault weapon ban or the like

2. If Oboma is not reelected the citys will burn from the rioting. People want to be able to protect them selves.

3. big increase in people prepping.

4. crime and eneral socity going to hell in a hand basket.

5. a real fear of the goverment rying to over step its bounds and people looking to be able to take care of them selves.

I have had guys come in and sell a few hunting guns to buy a ar or ak. Usally the conversation is " i need some thing other then this 30-30 for when the shtf oh yea what about one of those glocks? never shot a hand gun can I buy that and the ak-47?

I see many more women then ever buying guns, lot's of honesty ones too, ok what fits in my purse?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I agree with those who say it is due to additional exposure. We are in the age of media exposure and Internet searches. In addition, there are the shows on the cable networks promoting shooting sports, self defense and gun ownership. It's only logical firearms to get more popular. Also, look at the promoting the manufacturers are doing. Ads in magazines and online, guns shows everywhere and the government with an anti agenda. Prohibition was the best thing for the alcohol business. It piqued the public interest because they could no longer illegally consume it and from that spurred on the whole NASCAR industry.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    My .02;
    In the past couple months I personally know 5 people who bought their first handgun. Everyone of them said they were/are going to be for self-defense due to the high rise in crime and they didn't even feel safe in the home anymore.

Which is funny because crime has been steadily decreasing for the last decade or so, even while the perception is that it has been increasing. Blame the 24-hour news media that stretch every little incident into days and days of hyperbolic baloney so they can keep your eyeballs glued to the screen so they can show you a couple more commercials.

I've had a couple of old guns for a long time but never did anything with them. I just caved into my gun lust in January and bought my first modern pistol (great G4 G22), and have been on a buying blitz ever since. I decided to cave in partly because of Wollard and the real possibility that Obama may get reelected and try shenanigans like "assault" rifle ban or worse. We know the Attorney General has rabid hoplophobia and refuses to seek professional treatment. What will a lame duck liberal President do? If they succeed, this may be my last opportunity to indulge my engineering passion for the simplicity and power of a gun. Many different guns. One of every type if I can! :D

I also believe it is my duty as a US citizen to uphold the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
    That means voting, serving on juries, and keeping and bearing arms to defend this country against enemies of the Constitution, foreign and domestic. :patriot:

(And I'm sure some of you saw MIT researchers recently released a study predicting global economic collapse by 2030? That ought to bulk-up the ranks of the SHTF'ers. :D)

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Which is funny because crime has been steadily decreasing for the last decade or so, even while the perception is that it has been increasing. Blame the 24-hour news media that stretch every little incident into days and days of hyperbolic baloney so they can keep your eyeballs glued to the screen so they can show you a couple more commercials.

I've had a couple of old guns for a long time but never did anything with them. I just caved into my gun lust in January and bought my first modern pistol (great G4 G22), and have been on a buying blitz ever since. I decided to cave in partly because of Wollard and the real possibility that Obama may get reelected and try shenanigans like "assault" rifle ban or worse. We know the Attorney General has rabid hoplophobia and refuses to seek professional treatment. What will a lame duck liberal President do? If they succeed, this may be my last opportunity to indulge my engineering passion for the simplicity and power of a gun.

I also believe it is my duty as a US citizen to uphold the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
    That means voting, serving on juries, and keeping and bearing arms to defend this country against enemies of the Constitution, foreign and domestic. :patriot:

(And I'm sure some of you saw MIT researchers recently released a study predicting global economic collapse by 2030? That ought to bulk-up the ranks of the SHTF'ers. :D)

Where did you get that from? Have you not heard the increase in robberies and assaults in our area?

Tap,I too had only pulled my guns out occasionally the past few yrs. (hunting season).The last modern gun I bought was around 98' (until I found this site and got in on the 1911 group buy).
    Since then I've purchased a few more than I "needed" to but was financially able to do so.I guess I kinda re-kindled my hobby into something more as I've gotten older.

CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    Tap,I too had only pulled my guns out occasionally the past few yrs. (hunting season).The last modern gun I bought was around 98' (until I found this site and got in on the 1911 group buy).
    Since then I've purchased a few more than I "needed" to but was financially able to do so.I guess I kinda re-kindled my hobby into something more as I've gotten older.

1911 group buy??? I must learn about this!!! :party29:

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Which is funny because crime has been steadily decreasing for the last decade or so

Where did you get that from? Have you not heard the increase in robberies and assaults in our area?

You've been watching too much 24-hour news... :D

Maryland Crime Index Rates Per 100,000 Inhabitants

Year - Robbery - Assault
    2000 - 256.0 - 493.3
    2001 - 251.1 - 495.1
    2002 - 246.2 - 490.1
    2003 - 241.3 - 428.0
    2004 - 229.7 - 437.9
    2005 - 257.2 - 414.6
    2006 - 256.0 - 392.0
    2007 - 236.0 - 375.1
    2008 - 233.3 - 363.4
    2009 - 210.7 - 351.3
    2010 - 191.5 - 327.5

A spike around 2005, but since then a steady decline and a decline overall the last ten years.
    Possible that there was a big jump in 2011 or even this year, but the general trend is still downward.

Source: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/mdcrime.htm

Maryland's own numbers showing a decrease in all crime in 2010:
    http://www.goccp.maryland.gov/msac/crime-statistics.php

Chart showing steady decline since 1996. I blame increased gun ownership. :D
    MD_TotalCrime.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom