• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Let's get together a few MDS five person squads and head out to Carroll County Gun Club and shoot some trap on Sunday 10/26/14 at 1:00 PM. It's only $4.00 per round of trap and alotta' fun to shoot. The CCGC is a "trap only range" and is really nice and has a friendly low key atmosphere. If the weather is crappy that day (rain), the rain date will be Sunday 11/02/14. All ye that's interested, let's hear what you say.

EDIT 10/21/14:

I caught the weather on FOX45 last night and they said sunny and highes in the upper 60's for the entire weekend. GAME OOONNNNN for this Sunday 10/26!!!!!!!

Last edited:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have 4 weekends, tops, left to sail. I missed most of October. Sunday I will be on the water.

One of these days I am going to join this crew for something fun. ONE OF THESE DAYS.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I have always wanted to try this... is a 16" upper with an EoTech sight, shooting M855, a decent setup for trap shooting?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I have always wanted to try this... is a 16" upper with an EoTech sight, shooting M855, a decent setup for trap shooting?

It is a decent setup for trap. Best to use a Barret 50BMG with depleted uranium rounds just in case the clays have been sitting for a while and have gotten extremely hard. Just make sure you have your criminal attorney on speed dial and one heck of a liability policy if one even exists with coverage for something like that. I'm sure that the guys over at Finch, Inc. would really enjoy coming back on Monday to tractors, mowers, and a building riddled with bullet holes.

And yes, I know you are kidding, but just in case........ lol

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    If so, be at my place 12:30.

Where's SNI???

SNI is once again missing the requisite item for attending and no way am I considering even asking to borrow fabs' again. He has been so generous and gracious with letting me use it twice and that's over the top already.

Christmas is just around the corner, with only one item on my wish list. Thinking Santa may indulge me this one thing. :)

Come next spring, I intend to spend way too much time and ammo on trap and skeet!

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    SNI, I don't live far from Fabs. I have a youth gun you can borrow, if you feel you've over used his. Just PM me and we can make it happen!

I would take part in this event myself, if not for a wedding we will be attending. Thanks for organizing, Lou. Hope there will be more upcoming dates.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Sounds like this would be a blast (pun intended :rolleyes:). Going to have to learn to do it someday soon... would be a great pasttime for wife & I since we're about 5 minutes away.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    SNI is once again missing the requisite item for attending and no way am I considering even asking to borrow fabs' again. He has been so generous and gracious with letting me use it twice and that's over the top already.

Christmas is just around the corner, with only one item on my wish list. Thinking Santa may indulge me this one thing. :)

Come next spring, I intend to spend way too much time and ammo on trap and skeet!

I could bring my Bantam 20 gauge.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Short people........ :lol2: :innocent0

No cookies fo'you.

Sounds like this would be a blast (pun intended :rolleyes:). Going to have to learn to do it someday soon... would be a great pasttime for wife & I since we're about 5 minutes away.

Never thought I would ever take a likin' to chootin' dem li'l flyin' round thinggys outta'da' sky after being a die-hard National Match and Combat Rifleman and Handgunner for decades. However, after a few times out chootin' trap, I fell in luv doin' this and IT'S FUN!!!:D Ya' gotta' try it.

I could bring my Bantam 20 gauge.

Paging SNI, paging SNI..........

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have religious education, pumpkin picking, work, and this event on my calendar for Sunday. Out of the four, if push comes to shove, this event will be getting the ax.

SNI, if I can make it, I'll bring the 20 gauge for you. You are also more than welcome to pick it up from me and use it. These guns are meant to have thousands of rounds put through them, so no worries there. Granted, shooting it in the rain last Monday meant I stripped it down completely, sprayed down the trigger group with WD-40, wiped down all the steel with Hoppes, and oiled everything up once more. Normally, I don't clean my shotguns but once a year, if that. Once in a while I will run a simple cloth bore brush through them. My Benelli Super Black Eagle, which is my main hunting shotgun (i.e., 95% or more of my shotgun hunting is done with it) gets cleaned about once every 5 years. Only exception is when it rains on any of them. When they get wet, I strip them down and clean them pretty good.

Oh yeah, for some reason, that little gun smells like perfume now, no matter how much Hoppes I put on it. lol

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    SNI, I don't live far from Fabs. I have a youth gun you can borrow, if you feel you've over used his. Just PM me and we can make it happen!

I would take part in this event myself, if not for a wedding we will be attending. Thanks for organizing, Lou. Hope there will be more upcoming dates.

She lives closer to me than you do, if you can believe that. lol

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

Learn? Takes all of about 30 seconds to learn how to do this. Now, being successful at doing it, that might takes years and years, and if you slack off for a couple years you end up shooting an 18 and 19 out of 25 before having to rush to a client meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom