• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VaGunFo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2010
    Virginia
    Is a M1 Garand regulated or unregulated in Maryland?

Maryland Public Safety Statute 5.101.(p)2
    a firearm that is any of the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon:

(xxxvii) Springfield Armory BM-59, SAR-48, G3, SAR-3, M-21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand;

http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2005/gps/5-101.html

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    How do I go about selling/transferring a handgun from Maryland to another state? I've done transfers within the state, and I needed I.D. and I had to sign transfer papers, if I was shipping how would I accomplish this?

Generally, the buyer must provide you with the FFL he is using in his state for the transaction. Some will accept a gun from a non FFL holder, some will not. Those that will usually ask that a copy of your Drivers License accompany the firearm for their book keeping.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    What is also needed in Maryland is like a Walmart doing exclusively transfers. It burns my ass when gun stores in your own neighborhood won't do a transfer on a custom gun (Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk) if it's a gun that that "can get" 6-12 months later on a special order, even if you buy other guns and accessories from them on a regular basis.

carboncopy

Dec 20, 2012
    FTF with an Maryland FFL dealer

Wanted to know if it is ok to do a FTF with an FFL dealer, outside the address that is on the FFL license in Md? The individual still has a valid FFL license but no store front.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Proudly performed a FTF transfer today in MD with a fellow MDShooters member. You know who you are. Thanks for the smooth transaction!

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    So I can't buy an 870 shotgun from a friend in VA without using an FFL? I too thought that there was a law about states that border MD. I bought a rifle at Cabelas last year and didn't have to do any background check, figured the same applied FTF.

Vic

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    So I can't buy an 870 shotgun from a friend in VA without using an FFL? I too thought that there was a law about states that border MD. I bought a rifle at Cabelas last year and didn't have to do any background check, figured the same applied FTF.

Vic
    No you cannot buy the VA 870 without an FFL.

Cabelas doubtless called in a NICS check on you.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Whenever I sell a long gun privately, I usually type it up and list model serial cal color and then take a photo of my license and the buyers side by side and then have then sign the printed bill of sale with a statement that includes the purchaser agreeing that they are legally able transfer, receive and own the firearm they are about to purchase. This is not much should the shtf but its much better than nothing.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Last ftf pistol buy was literally out the back of the sellers trunk in a shopping center parking lot. Handed over Benjamin's, received heavy hunk of steel, shook hands and went our happy ways.

Wi is totally unregulated hand gun or long gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom