• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    These got dropped off at the shop still looking up pricing for them. I want to know your oppion on the sniper if it is real or not and value on both. The enfield stamps look good but it does not have the sling look in front of the mag and the check peice looks differnt from other pictures I have seen.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
      IMG_0274.jpg
      88.8 KB · Views: 330
    • IMG_0275.jpg
      IMG_0275.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 323
    • IMG_0276.jpg
      IMG_0276.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 324
    • IMG_0277.jpg
      IMG_0277.jpg
      35.4 KB · Views: 318
    • IMG_0278.jpg
      IMG_0278.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 325
    • IMG_0279.jpg
      IMG_0279.jpg
      44.2 KB · Views: 319
    • IMG_0280.jpg
      IMG_0280.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 316
    • IMG_0281.jpg
      IMG_0281.jpg
      45.9 KB · Views: 320
    • IMG_0282.jpg
      IMG_0282.jpg
      30.4 KB · Views: 326

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Nice looking rifles! Is that a peep sight on the smith corona?
    I'd be interested in pricing on these.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Hard to value the 'A3 without better photos (to see condition and whether all components are S-C or not), but Blue Book ranges between $300 - $1,250 (plus an additional 25% for a S-C). The "1903 Sporter", which is "similar to National Match, with sporter stock and Lyman sight" has a much higher value, ranging from $825-$6,000. That said, it also says that values "assume 100% original guns" and "the importance of the wood being original, unsanded....cannot be overstated".
    I don't believe the Lyman sight was OEM on any standard S-Cs, so I don't know how its addition affects a non-Sporter's value.
    From what I can make out from the photos, if I were in the market (I'm not), I'd probably offer $700-ish, if that's of any help.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Real interested in that enfield? Please pm a price when you figure it out.
    SergeantEvil We want to make sure the gun is authentic before offing it for sale since they are big money we want to make sure it is the real deal.

what would you guys like for better pictures? The Peep sights are Redfield on the SC and it has the best bore I have ever seen mirror finish.

Rockchucker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 1, 2013
    Millersville
    Shame they drilled and tapped the rciever on the SC 03 for the Redfield peep sights and applied that varnish finish.
    Still should make a good shooter even if the collector value is gone.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    As a shooter, between $550-600 IMHO. Unmolested you'd be in the $700-800 range for VG-Exec condition. I've been watching for a nice SC for a while now and they're steadily creeping up in price.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    As a shooter, between $550-600 IMHO. Unmolested you'd be in the $700-800 range for VG-Exec condition. I've been watching for a nice SC for a while now and they're steadily creeping up in price.

Are you we all sure it is varnished? I oiled it heavy maybe that is it. We have some really interested people in the Enfield so I am really trying to figure that one out.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Are you we all sure it is varnished? I oiled it heavy maybe that is it. We have some really interested people in the Enfield so I am really trying to figure that one out.

Do you mean you oiled the wood? If so that may be whats giving it the varnish look.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Def looks like varnish to me! If so acetone or denatured alcohol will clean it up pretty well.

The 03 looks to be greek black park too which hurts value some as well.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    this looks like a finish coming off to me.

Attachments

• corona finish.jpg
      corona finish.jpg
      30.4 KB · Views: 193

Rockchucker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 1, 2013
    Millersville
    this looks like a finish coming off to me.

Looks like it to me as well and I swear it looks like brush strokes in the pic with the triggerguard which also seems to have some varnish on it flaking off as well.

I agree on the Greek return black metal finish but looks different on the triggerguard ?

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    These got dropped off at the shop still looking up pricing for them. I want to know your oppion on the sniper if it is real or not and value on both. The enfield stamps look good but it does not have the sling look in front of the mag and the check peice looks differnt from other pictures I have seen.

Several arsenals converted them into "T" sniper series, so they aren't all going to look exactly alike.

But with that said, the cheek riser doesn't look right at all. No special sniper sling mount forward of the mag is also bad sign. The scope mount looks original, but was scrubbed and restamped to match the rifle. The serial number for the mount is not in the normal location, or font size. Does the buttstock have any arsenal stamps to signify who converted it, or to see if the scope matches the rifle? There should at least be a scope number on it, even if it doesn't match. Its common that they don't match, but preferred that they do.

What is that booger of weld or braze that's above the T stamping? That's not right at all.

It's clearly been repaired and parts interchanged, but the scope mount screws only have one stake mark at the right spot, with what appears to be no signs the screws were ever removed. That doesn't make sense on a mount that was scrubbed and restamped, and a receiver that has a big repair on the side of it.....

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Need more pics of the "T"! It's a pre 1968 import, England stamp. T and TR = good. Now is the "s" on the right side. That weld looks bad. Front pad screws are wrong, should be a raised head 4BA screw. Need pics of the No 32 scope. Does the scope track and is it clear? Is S51 stamped into the knuckle of the butt stock? Is the serial number of the scope stamped on top of the stock next to receiver? If so remove butt stock and read the number on it, should match the rifle. The rifle number was not originally stamped on the bracket. That is a post war service innovation.

I could go on and on. But as a dealer you really need to buy some books by Laidler and Skennerton. Laidler (Capt) can be found hanging out here:
    http://www.milsurps.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

The wrong screws on the rifle is a big problem. I need more pictures.

Good luck!

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Need more pics of the "T"! It's a pre 1968 import, England stamp. T and TR = good. Now is the "s" on the right side. That weld looks bad. Front pad screws are wrong, should be a raised head 4BA screw. Need pics of the No 32 scope. Does the scope track and is it clear? Is S51 stamped into the knuckle of the butt stock? Is the serial number of the scope stamped on top of the stock next to receiver? If so remove butt stock and read the number on it, should match the rifle. The rifle number was not originally stamped on the bracket. That is a post war service innovation.

I could go on and on. But as a dealer you really need to buy some books by Laidler and Skennerton. Laidler (Capt) can be found hanging out here:
    http://www.milsurps.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

The wrong screws on the rifle is a big problem. I need more pictures.

Good luck!

to tell you the truth We do not deal in a lot of Surplus or C&R stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom