• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    Any word on if Today's scheduled meeting actually took place?

ahtucker

Mar 4, 2012
    Any word on if Today's scheduled meeting actually took place?

It took place but where do they publish the results?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    MDSP Approved handgun roster board meeting

Just saw on the MDSP website the following;
    Next meeting scheduled for 19 June 11AM, cutoff 4 June
    Next update to list; 18 May

Now to see if they actually did any work. Have been waiting for the new Desert Eagle 1911U, can't wait to add to my 45 cal collection. Next to buy is the Sig P227 SAS 2nd gen, non railed, smooth trigger guard. Very hard to come by. Have to vent the following - can't believe this state bans law abiding residents to purchase certain guns but now is going to legalize maryjane for personal use!!! Wassup with that???

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Newest edition of the Maryland Register is now out, and a bit early... maybe because of Passover?

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDRegister/4108/Assembled.htm#_Toc385233279

Most of the additions to the roster were 1911s of various sorts. IMHO, kinda boring, but some people are into 1911s, so maybe they'll think that's awesome. Of the rest:
    1. Canik55 Stringray-C (Turkish-made CZ-75 clone)
    2. Carl Walther P99C AS (variant of the P99 already on the roster)
    3. CZ P-09 (polymer CZ-75, and a pretty good gun)
    4. EAA Tanfoglio Witness Hunter (yet another Tanfoglio variant)
    5. FNH FNS9LS and FNS40LS (presumably long slide variants of the FNS guns)
    6. Glock 41
    7. Grand Power K-100 (Slovakian gun with PX4-like action, extremely good rep)
    8. Lionheart LH9 and LH9C (Daewoo guns! IMHO, very interesting.)
    9. Sig M400 11B (yes, that's right... an AR pistol)
    10. S&W 329NG (alloy frame revolver)
    11. Steyr L-A 1 (aka, L9A1, aka long slide variant of the M9A1)
    12. USFA SAA (revolver caliber addition)
    13. Walther PPQ (22lr version - same production line as the P22, etc.)

The Glock 42 got put on hold at the meeting; they wanted info from Glock about the free-float firing pin and potential associated safety issues. I am unaware of any rejections or other holds, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.

IMHO, the guns to keep an eye on are the Canik55 Stingray-C, CZ P-09, GP K-100, and the LH9. All of them are really good values for the dollar.

Last edited:

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    The list was updated on the 18th.

Given the way the list is and they don't publish what made the list last round anyone watching for anything particular and if so did it make it?

The only one that I know of is the Glock 41.

Reminder that Petitions are due for next round by June 4th.

Sig Snob

May 20, 2012
    Submissions are easy. A short form to fill out and send with the pistol. They examine it and return it. Some take longer than others. This last round (for the roster effective yesterday) took over three months. We put the Sig M400 on there, got the Rhino on last year, and now have a Boberg waiting.

We (collectively) should submit an AK pistol. You never know. We also need to start sending in SBRs and SBSs as fu<King Gansler thinks they are handguns now. I may just carry one around now instead of ccw.

Just find what you want, get it shipped to a FFL who will work with you and submit your petition. Marlene is great to work with.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    The list was updated on the 18th.

Given the way the list is and they don't publish what made the list last round anyone watching for anything particular and if so did it make it?

The only one that I know of is the Glock 41.

Reminder that Petitions are due for next round by June 4th.

They do publish what made it last round - in fact, a post a few above yours has a link to where they publish what made it.

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    Sorry, I saw that the last post was April 17th and didn't catch that post.

I was going by MSP "Interactive" roster list which said May 18th. It also did not have a link to any list on it. (You would think that would show up there huh?) I did not know that the proposed changes where available on April 17th and would be on the list if no on within the month's time petitioned against them.

I was going by the official date they were put on the list and just didn't know to look for the document buried deep within a government web page.

My bad.

It just shows how whacked things are.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Newest edition of the Maryland Register is now out, and a bit early... maybe because of Passover?

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDRegister/4108/Assembled.htm#_Toc385233279

Most of the additions to the roster were 1911s of various sorts. IMHO, kinda boring, but some people are into 1911s, so maybe they'll think that's awesome. Of the rest:
    1. Canik55 Stringray-C (Turkish-made CZ-75 clone)
    2. Carl Walther P99C AS (variant of the P99 already on the roster)
    3. CZ P-09 (polymer CZ-75, and a pretty good gun)
    4. EAA Tanfoglio Witness Hunter (yet another Tanfoglio variant)
    5. FNH FNS9LS and FNS40LS (presumably long slide variants of the FNS guns)
    6. Glock 41
    7. Grand Power K-100 (Slovakian gun with PX4-like action, extremely good rep)
    8. Lionheart LH9 and LH9C (Daewoo guns! IMHO, very interesting.)
    9. Sig M400 11B (yes, that's right... an AR pistol)
    10. S&W 329NG (alloy frame revolver)
    11. Steyr L-A 1 (aka, L9A1, aka long slide variant of the M9A1)
    12. USFA SAA (revolver caliber addition)
    13. Walther PPQ (22lr version - same production line as the P22, etc.)

The Glock 42 got put on hold at the meeting; they wanted info from Glock about the free-float firing pin and potential associated safety issues. I am unaware of any rejections or other holds, but that doesn't mean they didn't hap

IMHO, the guns to keep an eye on are the Canik55 Stingray-C, CZ P-09, GP K-100, and the LH9. All of them are really good values for the dollar.
    Just now reading this post. Didn't realize the p09 was JUST added to the roster. I picked one up from constitutional. Was looking at glocks but the CZ spoke to me :D

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Just now reading this post. Didn't realize the p09 was JUST added to the roster. I picked one up from constitutional. Was looking at glocks but the CZ spoke to me :D

I was considering a P-09 'suppressor ready' as a desk gun, but I made another purchase for a range toy instead. Getting to my point, have you noticed that the Roster entry for the P-09 lists a specific model number (CZ USA SKU for the black 9mm model). I wonder if trying to transfer the the threaded version will raise a flag because it's not be that exact model number.

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    I was considering a P-09 'suppressor ready' as a desk gun, but I made another purchase for a range toy instead. Getting to my point, have you noticed that the Roster entry for the P-09 lists a specific model number (CZ USA SKU for the black 9mm model). I wonder if trying to transfer the the threaded version will raise a flag because it's not be that exact model number.

I am no expert. But in MD, I bet you it will... who ever submitted the form to MSP should have just listed the model as p-09 to cover all the calibers, .40 & 9mm and the options threaded barrel, FDE. That is unless you have to list it.

I have a few CZs one being the P-07 w/threaded barrel and was hoping to add the P-09 Tb as well.

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    Here is something interesting...the Model number listed on the MD Handgun Roster for the CZ-P09 (91621) 9mm is actually teh model number for the .40 caliber version.

From CZs site:

9mm - 91620
    .40 - 91621

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, anyone have any inside information on what got submitted this time? I know there was a LOT of buzz about SBRs and various rifle-cal pistols getting submitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom