• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Good list to know. Have to assume smaller calibers that are not listed are ok. I.E. 32auto

Feb 28, 2013
    The "what caliber are you shooting" question is to put the loudest people on or near lane 12. At least that has been my experience when they have multiple lanes open and have a choice where to put me.

What's the reason behind putting the cannons at lane 12?

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    What's the reason behind putting the cannons at lane 12?

In my experience, new pistol shooters get distracted by the loudness and compression blasts from some of the rifles. If you can keep all the rifle guys grouped together, it allows FS to keep the noisemakers away from the new people.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    In my experience, new pistol shooters get distracted by the loudness and compression blasts from some of the rifles. If you can keep all the rifle guys grouped together, it allows FS to keep the noisemakers away from the new people.

It does make sense. I've seen the bigger stuff further down towards the wall. It all depends on how busy the place is though.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Maybe? I test fired a Mossberg Tactical Persuader 12 gauge there once (on Lane 3) sending 5 slugs down range as fast as I could operate the action, and the two teenage girls in the next lane looked at me like I was the Terminator. But as an after thought, I suspect its just general courtesy based on noise and not length of the firearm. When I was there last week the "cannon" I referred to wasn't a rifle, not even a shot gun, it was a hand held model. :D. I'm not new, and wasn't distracted other than to be glad I wasn't next to it for an hour because I wasn't the one shooting it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The "cannons" don't bother me. What does bother me are the douchenuggets who lean forward against the bench in the lane next to me with their glock fowty and throw brass in my face. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom