• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Gentlemen, we are all very passionate about our civil liberties and concerned about what has happened to our great country. We agree 100x more than we disagree, but tend to enjoy teasing out the bits we don't agree so much. I think it's part of our self reliant and independent nature; we are frankly stronger than most.

We are strongest when we are together.

I had no idea Maryland had so many problems, and had so many bad laws, policies and crooked politicians until it affected me personally about 7 years ago. I got involved, as did most of you reading this now. I watched and helped organizations like MSI grow from maybe a dozen or so individuals that cared enough to 'do something' from time to time, to today where there are hundreds 'doing a lot' nearly every day. In fact I'll be in the company of at least a dozen like minded individuals today in Annapolis supporting Emily Miller in her debate against a panel of anti-gun zealots, even the moderator is an anti. But Emily is not dissuaded, because she knows the facts are on her side, and besides, if she doesn't - who will?

I personally thank you, those of you that have tried, those that were able and actually did something to try to make Maryland a better place. I am equally frustrated by those that know the truth, but didn't lift a finger or worse only disparaged those of us that are making sacrifices for everyone's liberties.

I say if so many of us had not rallied and lobbied and been so persuasive - can you imagine how much worse SB281 would have been?

If we don't keep our promise to make it tough for those bums to get reelected in 2014, there will be nothing to discourage them from doing more in 2015. The way I see it, we have only one good shot left; and that's right now, the democrat primaries are in June. My district had only one who voted for SB281, I would like to think our pledge to strongly oppose her every step from the moment she cast that vote forward, influenced her decision to get out of politics.

Nationally we are winning. In Maryland we are growing. Omalley is out, most of his croneys are fighting one another, we have a real chance in this election to seriously shake things up.

I keep fighting for the right thing, even when others may grow tired because it is in my nature. It's also in your nature. I mostly keep going because of the pride and comradory I feel standing shoulder to shoulder with people that feel the same as I do. Willing to do what most others won't.

Don't quit on me now. Pull with me just a few more months, we need every hand on deck.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Well said Mjnuteman!

We redressed our grievances to the government. Now the time has come to use the next available lever and vote those out that didn't abide using every possible political means. We won't be able to get them all out, but if we don't try at all, the status quo remains and they will forge ahead.

The next two months are critical, this is no time to run for the hills, time to get busy folks.

It's not gonna be easy, may be the hardest route we have to take, but why not give it a try with all we have?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Here we have two perfect candidates for operation DINO. Neither one will cast a vote that means anything in the primary so why not register as a DINO Democrat (Registered Independents don't get to vote in Maryland primaries) and cast a primary vote that can make a difference, every vote against someone who voted for SB281 counts. You can still vote for whoever you want for president in the general election.

ROFLMAO - MOM running for pres. His approval rating is 2%. I hate to say it, but Hillary (real MOM) will probably win the Dem nomination, and I think Christie is the fron runner for the Repubs. I certainly won't vote for Hil, but I'm not certain Christy will be much better. I'm and Independent so I will probably vote for Ran Paul in the primary, but I have no idea who I will support for MD Gov. I was hoping for Lollar, but he hasn't done ANY campaigning.

I have brought several friends to the range in my limited time shooting. All have had a wonderful time. Even a very liberal anti-gun friend from Massachusetts has changed her mind. I think once people realize that most people who shoot are rational, responsible people (we are, aren't we?), the stigma that the anti-gun lobby tries to paint begins to fade. The thinking is that anyone who owns a gun is crazy, therefore, their arguments are already invalid. Screaming and shouting things like "libtard" and "hippes" and whatever else in response doesn't really help our case.

I'm a journalist, a registered independent, and about as far from the stereotypical gun owner as a person can get, and I think that has helped some people around me begin to question their pre-conceived notions on the issue. Of course, as we all have the right to own a gun (at least, we're supposed to), we also have the right to choose NOT to own a gun. Therefore, it should be okay for people to choose not to arm themselves so long as they can accept it is okay for others to choose TO arm themselves. That's only going to come by remaining the more thoughtful, peaceful, well-reasoned side-- something that doesn't always get demonstrated by some who choose to fight the issue.

I think the best way to get people (voters, not brain-washed politicians) to change their minds is not to scream, shout, and intimidate, but to demonstrate, and by doing so, we'll slowly quash the irrational fears people build for themselves. We cannot fight emotion with more emotion, which is what has been demonstrated to a pretty large extent on this thread. It doesn't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    All I can say is this: I saw a bunch of people telling me how HBARs would be banned for sure this year. Didn't happen. No one REALLY knows what's going down until the bills get submitted. The rest of it is guesswork and paranoia.

This.
    I don't buy into the 2014 election year theory. If they wanted to do it this past session, they would have.
    I suspect that once the leadership realizes the gaps in the law you will see a new bill passed, outlawing HBARs and piston ARs.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This.
    I don't buy into the 2014 election year theory. If they wanted to do it this past session, they would have.
    I suspect that once the leadership realizes the gaps in the law you will see a new bill passed, outlawing HBARs and piston ARs.

They could not touch the third rail in 2014. There is still a lot of outrage left over from 2013 and it will be taken into the voting booths this year.

Do you buy into the 2015 bent over and done dry without a reach around theory?

Or is this speculation and paranoia too?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I thought the definition of winning a war was your enemy running out of resources or the will to fight.

According to some, that's not the definition.

My mistake.

:sad20:

A cogent point. And worth a response. That is one defintion but not the only one.

In military terms the us was no match for the British and in both cases lack of resolve on the part of the British was key.

In our present struggle our victory will not come from superior force.. it will not be a military win. We must win the hearts and minds of our countrymen. There is no other way. If we make ourselves and enemy of our fellow citizens we will lose.

Esp in Md.

Time is to short for missteps. The goodwill we have with most police is valuable but also perishable, we can not win without it.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    They could not touch the third rail in 2014. There is still a lot of outrage left over from 2013 and it will be taken into the voting booths this year.

Do you buy into the 2015 bent over and done dry without a reach around theory?

Or is this speculation and paranoia too?

Outrage among who? Not Dem voters on MoCo, PG, and Baltimore where the legislators who voted for the law reside. Gun control is hardly a third rail for those legislators and their voters.

And show me where I said people are paranoid? I already said that I expect new legislation to happen, extending the ban.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    What will probably happen is the AW case will be decided in our favor, and they'll screw us by extending the HQL to all firearms, making it a FOID, potentially for ammunition as well. The HBAR ban will be unnecessary.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What will probably happen is the AW case will be decided in our favor, and they'll screw us by extending the HQL to all firearms, making it a FOID, potentially for ammunition as well. The HBAR ban will be unnecessary.
    Frankly, I would regard that situation as a major step-up from our current situation.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Frankly, I would regard that situation as a major step-up from our current situation.

Fingerprints to purchase ammunition would be a step-up? That would castrate a lot of our online ammo purchasing, you'd potentially have 7-day waits+ on everything, training required just to buy a .22lr rifle, etc.

If you already have the HQL it may not be too bad, but for everyone else it would blow.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

This is my prediction.

Anyone who thinks election year has nothing to do with the fact that NO anti gun legislation passed this year has their head in the sand.

Next year if the same crowd is in, we will all become felons. If a Republican is elected governor, they will take great pleasure in overriding his vetos

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    This is my prediction.

Anyone who thinks election year has nothing to do with the fact that NO anti gun legislation passed this year has their head in the sand.

Next year if the same crowd is in, we will all become felons. If a Republican is elected governor, they will take great pleasure in overriding his vetos

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom