• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    I have several Mossberg 500's & 88 shotguns to play with. Most have the cruiser 7+1 conversion. So why not a 10+1 conversion? I had some extra parts around and decided to make it happen here are some pic's of what i did.I used both 500 and 88 parts so
    I named my creation the Mossberg 588A Super Cruiser. 10+1 rounds. I used a 28" vented rib select a choke barrel.

mossbergforumpic_zps5db37aa3.jpg

from the left 7+1 persuader, 7+1 cruiser, 10+1 super cruiser

I have 20+ years metalworking and I have been a Certified Welder as long also. There are special processes and considerations taken to do this safely. I do NOT recommend trying this at home. If you blow yourself and or your gun up that is on you NOT ME!
    IMG_0763_zpsc2c83ca3.jpg.html]

Phipp13 out!

Last edited:

phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    It's really not that heavy fully loaded. I have a magpul forend to put on but awaiting the adapter nut also awaiting my 6 posistion stock to arrive. Plus I have to refinish the exterior. I have polished and worked the internals as well. The action is silky smooth, I can pump this with 2 fingers no bull. I got the idea when I shot the tactical shotgun shoot at SLSC last year. I got paired up with team Baretta and shot with them. This one guy had a Baretta auto feeder and his magtube was longer than his 30" barrel by 6"! They all had Hi-Cap auto feeders and were blowing the place hell as soon as the buzzer sounded. It was a sight to see. Here I am with a 5+1 870 pumping and reloading which seemed like it took me forever. I had to reload twice per stage. Not anymore.LOL

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I looked at Mossberg's site this morning, they make autos like that too ... 10's with the mag tube overhanging the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom