quality of prvi partizan ammo (and brass for reloading)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I'm about half way through the HBO mini-series "Pacific" and watching all the M-1 carbines being used made me get out my long untouched M-1 carbines. I realized I was really low on 30 carbine components so I went on a couple of retail sites to get some more brass and bullets. Widener's has loaded prvi partizan 30 carbine ammo for virtually the same price that Midway has 500 Rem. cases plus 500 pcs. Rem. 110 gr. bullets. I've never used this make of ammo. Actually I've always stayed away from foreign manufactured ammo and components. Anybody ever used prvi partizan ammo and what do you think of it as factory ammo and left over brass for reloading?

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    It's got a good rep. I just bought a bunch of the Widners PP for my M1 carbine. Haven't shot this batch but I've shot a lot before and loved it. Have yet to hear anything bad.

zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    It's got a good rep. I just bought a bunch of the Widners PP for my M1 carbine. Haven't shot this batch but I've shot a lot before and loved it. Have yet to hear anything bad.

Glad to hear that its good ammo. I received my order last week from Wideners and I hope to be able to get to the range tomorrow to try out the ammo and my new-to-me M1.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    A lot of members on this forum have used this brand in many different calibers, including myself, and have had no issues with this ammo. Don't know of any that have had an issue with it.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    I like their M193 (5.56 NATO) from the factory. I don't reload, so I can't speak to that.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I have only tried their match ammo (69 and 75gr) and it's damn nice. Very accurate, not the cleanest burning but from a guess I would say it's about 1% dirtier than black hills blue box. So it's very decent and for me it's accurate.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    its good stuff. I can get their loaded .22-250 for cheap. Thats where many of my cases came from. They weigh out (after resize and case prep) more uniform than Remington (either once-fired or virgin brass) and every lot of .22-250 I've seen has annealed necks. One of my 50-round rifle boxes lists five loadings on each piece of brass. So far no issues. YMMV, as I am running a bit under max loads. In the lower pressure cartridges, you should see no issues (30 cabine certainly qualifies on that score).

dck

Nov 25, 2008
    Queenstown
    shoots great in my Inland 30 Carbine. and no problems reloading it.
    use h110 and hornady short jacket bullets for reloading

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I haven't used Privi M1 carbine ammo but I've used their brass in a number of different calibers and it's good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom