• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    I figure I would post this here as it fits this sections the best. I have a couple openings in my hunt club. We have 2 properties on Taylors island about a mile apart. one is 150 acres with a mile over shoreline, the other is 90 acres with about 3500 feet of shoreline. The openings are for waterfowl hunting. If interested in deer shoot me a PM. I've hunted these properties for the past few seasons and done very well. Dues are $1200 a year.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I figure I would post this here as it fits this sections the best. I have a couple openings in my hunt club. We have 2 properties on Taylors island about a mile apart. one is 150 acres with a mile over shoreline, the other is 90 acres with about 3500 feet of shoreline. The openings are for waterfowl hunting. If interested in deer shoot me a PM. I've hunted these properties for the past few seasons and done very well. Dues are $1200 a year.

Just wondering if its any Sika deer hunting

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Camping on site?

There is an old camper on the 150 piece the landowner let's us use. being that it's full of mice and snakes we stay in cambridge at a hotel if we plan to spend the night. You would be more then welcome to camp there is you want. You could bring your own camper/tent.

I got a whitetail and waterfowl places but I really want to get at least one sika deer in my lifetime.

The guys who are deer hunting are also waterfowl hunting, are you looking to just Deer hunt?

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    The guys who are deer hunting are also waterfowl hunting, are you looking to just Deer hunt?

Yea just mainly sika and only with a bow cause I work a lot during gun season and cant get time off then. Was going to try public hunting for them but I hate public land. Way to many nuts out there.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    If only I could justify it. My father in law has a duck blind on a friends farm in Calvert, so it's free to use. As awesome as it would be to hunt an area with more ducks, my wife would shoot me if I wrote that check. Good price compared to others I've seen.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If only I could justify it. My father in law has a duck blind on a friends farm in Calvert, so it's free to use. As awesome as it would be to hunt an area with more ducks, my wife would shoot me if I wrote that check. Good price compared to others I've seen.

Yeah, we don't want to have Marshmallow season.

I could probably get approval from my wife, but just have not been hunting enough the past couple of years to justify it.

Definitely a good deal if the birds are there.

Last year, I was looking at buying my own place. Almost dropped $100k on a 100 acres of marshland, and then started worrying about what would happen to it if the "global warming" hypothesis is actually correct.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Don't tell her :innocent0.

I know an attorney (i.e., me) that could handle the divorce.

I learned a long time ago about lying. I was 13 at the time. I asked my dad if I could ride to Sugarloaf with a buddy and he quite emphatically told me NO. I went and did it anyway, and told my buddy to keep it quiet. However, he told some of his other cycling friends. Well, we were at a race in Greenbelt and one of those friends came up to he and I and said, "Heard the two of you had a great ride up Sugarloaf." My dad was standing right next to me. The expression on his face of disappointment and then anger was enough for me to learn my lesson. Of course, on the car ride home from the race he provided me with a lecture.

So, I try to be as honest as possible with the people I have a relationship with, especially my wife, children, parents, and siblings.

Integrity...........

Of course, it comes down to how Marshmallow and his wife handle the finances. However, based upon his response I doubt he is allotted a "no questions asked" sum to blow however he likes without having to tell his wife.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012

I learned a long time ago about lying. I was 13 at the time. I asked my dad if I could ride to Sugarloaf with a buddy and he quite emphatically told me NO. I went and did it anyway, and told my buddy to keep it quiet. However, he told some of his other cycling friends. Well, we were at a race in Greenbelt and one of those friends came up to he and I and said, "Heard the two of you had a great ride up Sugarloaf." My dad was standing right next to me. The expression on his face of disappointment and then anger was enough for me to learn my lesson. Of course, on the car ride home from the race he provided me with a lecture.

So, I try to be as honest as possible with the people I have a relationship with, especially my wife, children, parents, and siblings.

Integrity...........

Of course, it comes down to how Marshmallow and his wife handle the finances. However, based upon his response I doubt he is allotted a "no questions asked" sum to blow however he likes without having to tell his wife.
    I'm a 24 year old partial business owner, fronting the costs of the steel for a massive air and space museum job. If I move a dollar too much she'll smack me across the head with a frying pan. Things will be tight until they release payment for the job.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm a 24 year old partial business owner, fronting the costs of the steel for a massive air and space museum job. If I move a dollar too much she'll smack me across the head with a frying pan. Things will be tight until they release payment for the job.

Money is always tight, no matter how much one has. Managing partner at the firm I used to work at 12+ years ago always said "The more you make, the more you spend."

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county

Integrity...........

I was being sarcastic about the not telling his Wife. I agree with you on the Integrity, me and my fiance talk before making any big purchases with our money.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was being sarcastic about the not telling his Wife. I agree with you on the Integrity, me and my fiance talk before making any big purchases with our money.

If I could add more characters to my sig, I would add something like "I suck with sarcasm on the internet, both when providing it and receiving it. I suck so bad with it, that emoticons usually do not help to guide me along."

My wife and I have a rule that unless something is over $100 we don't have to discuss it. The other rule is, once the monthly credit card bill approaches $3k, we had better NEED the item at that point or it waits until next month.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    If I could add more characters to my sig, I would add something like "I suck with sarcasm on the internet, both when providing it and receiving it. I suck so bad with it, that emoticons usually do not help to guide me along."

My wife and I have a rule that unless something is over $100 we don't have to discuss it. The other rule is, once the monthly credit card bill approaches $3k, we had better NEED the item at that point or it waits until next month.

It's ok, me and the Fiance are the same way little everyday things we don't talk about, but when it's $$ we discuss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom