• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    I've always wanted to be in law enforcement. Took the test for Suffolk Cnty in NY back in 1978. 2200 took the test for 200 spots. I scored 95% and waited 2 years. Then moved to VA and MD area. Now I'm 56 and +40 lbs. It's on my damn I wish I did list....along with some other goodies...........
    Oh well

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    And twenty open slots? Holy crap. That is fierce competition.

When I hired into LE in 2000, the numbers were insane. The conventional knowledge was that nationally, for every opening, over 2000 people would apply. Sounded daunting until you realized that of those 2000, 1900 didn't meet the minimum requirements mostly because of background or inability to pass the tests.

Worst I've ver seen was when I applied for the Maine State Police. They told us that they were going to offer the test in 5 or 6 locations, on 3 different days, 250-300 people per session. People drove in from around the country to take that test. They did not expect to find 20 that would pass the process.

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    I have some nrp friends and they love their jobs.

When I got hired by the fire dept I sat with 700 other people..... They hired 52 of us! I wish all of those applying good luck and don't give up. It took me 6 years, testing in multiple jurisdictions every year before I got hired.

What really sucked was 2 guys that did get hired quit on day 3. They took jobs from people that really wanted it and knew what they were getting into because they thought it would be cool to be a fire man.

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    I have some nrp friends and they love their jobs.

What really sucked was 2 guys that did get hired quit on day 3. They took jobs from people that really wanted it and knew what they were getting into because they thought it would be cool to be a fire man.
    That happens all the time and it is unfortunate for those qualified but don't make it. My department has called people when that has happened and asked if they could start the next day.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    That happens all the time and it is unfortunate for those qualified but don't make it. My department has called people when that has happened and asked if they could start the next day.

same here... I like the ones that show up outta shape and are shocked that they are expected to produce

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom