• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blink

Jul 24, 2015
    I currently do not have a HQL permit, as I have not purchased any firearms since the requirement took effect. I am now interested in applying for a carry permit and taking the required wear and carry training. Can anyone tell me if the HQL permit is a prerequisite to the carry training? And can anyone recommend a place to obtain such training in the Mt Airy/Frederick areas? Thanks in advance.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I currently do not have a HQL permit, as I have not purchased any firearms since the requirement took effect. I am now interested in applying for a carry permit and taking the required wear and carry training. Can anyone tell me if the HQL permit is a prerequisite to the carry training? And can anyone recommend a place to obtain such training in the Mt Airy/Frederick areas? Thanks in advance.

No but if you do get a carry permit they will send you an HQL for free.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Seeing that you're kind of new here, and maybe to Maryland, you do realize carrying in Maryland is just a whisp of a dream for most of us on this board, as well as the state's population in general?

And a belated welcome to you BTW.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    No but if you do get a carry permit they will send you an HQL for free.

ah but grasshopper, the HQL is more immediate in terms of being able to purchase the handgun. if the steps required to obtain the wear/carry permit are to the letter and all g&s are approved, it could take up to 90 days.

also, getting the permit before you own a gun is like putting the cart before the horse, unless the applicant has lots of experience.

contact ben kelkye at IWLA or cypherpunk here.

welcome to the madhouse!

Blink

Jul 24, 2015
    Thanks for all the responses.

Danguy, I am new here, but not new to MD. Being a business owner and public safety official, I'm hopeful my good writing skills will pass the G&S test, at least with some restrictions (unfortunately).

Rseymore- not putting the cart before the horse! Already an owner! But let me throw in this curve ball...if I do get my W&C, do I still need the HQL to buy something new?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Thanks for all the responses.

Danguy, I am new here, but not new to MD. Being a business owner and public safety official, I'm hopeful my good writing skills will pass the G&S test, at least with some restrictions (unfortunately).

Rseymore- not putting the cart before the horse! Already an owner! But let me throw in this curve ball...if I do get my W&C, do I still need the HQL to buy something new?

Yes, but as the other post says, you will get one free for the asking if you get a Handgun Permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom