• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omaha419

NRA / GOA
    Apr 19, 2013
    Just FYI
    Sent out the postcards that GOA sends out to mail to my reps. Here is the response I got from Dutch Ruppersberger. Let's vote this moron out.

Attachments

• letter.jpg
      letter.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 627
    Dec 31, 2012
    "I strongly believe in the right to bear arms", but just not for ordinary people.
    Sincerely,
    Douche R.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    We had a saying when I was working & he was the county executive; "Dutch ain't much".

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Hell, these are staff-drafted form responses. A "non-offensive" response is drafted by a staffer who handles this issue (most Members of Congress have 3 or 4 of 5 staffers covering all Congressional issues, unless the Member is a committee or subcommittee chair, or has a leadership position, then he has more help), and the Member proofs and edits the letter. It's then added to the library of responses. This is one of them. Most Members of Congress have several hundred canned responses to chose from, usually for things that generate the most mail, like Obama care, social security, immigration, etc.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    As if performing more in-depth scrutiny on one's background -- moreso than most average americans -- in exchange for being able to carry nationally isn't "striking a balance".

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    At least he updated his letter to state his anti position. The one I got from him 10 years ago didnt take a position as if anyone didnt know what it was.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    He said "he can do this by supporting local law enforcement" as his basis of support for his decision against reciprocity. A oneline statement not supported with any facts. As a matter of fact I was under the impression the majority of LOCAL law enforcement was supporting reciprocity last time I heard Maryland Sheriff's testify against SB 281.

These baffons continue their hogwash because someone is voting them into office due to votes received or a lack of voters coming out against them. Which is it?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    He said "he can do this by supporting local law enforcement" as his basis of support for his decision against reciprocity. A oneline statement not supported with any facts. As a matter of fact I was under the impression the majority of LOCAL law enforcement was supporting reciprocity last time I heard Maryland Sheriff's testify against SB 281.

These baffons continue their hogwash because someone is voting them into office due to votes received or a lack of voters coming out against them. Which is it?

Call him on it, hold him to his word, and send the entire correspondence trail to his opponent.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    My response to that letter would simply be this:

"Mr. Ruppersberger,

Your belief in Constitutional responsibility is very misdirected. The Second Amendment is not in place to "protect American citizens from harm". It is in place to protect American citizens from YOU.

Sincerely,

Your boss"

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    My response to that letter would simply be this:

"Mr. Ruppersberger,

Your belief in Constitutional responsibility is very misdirected. The Second Amendment is not in place to "protect American citizens from harm". It is in place to protect American citizens from YOU.

Sincerely,

Your boss"

:thumbsup:
    Mail it today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads