• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    You know what the Black Rifle market needs. More ugly barrels with M203 cutouts.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have one AR w/ a .625" barrel and it doesn't string 'em at all. Now the pattern from my Mini-14 GB looks like buckshot after 40 rounds.

4ba9fc40-e24d-4279-9d37-b16f9b1b11aa_zps997b7d8d.jpg

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Try holding an HBAR in a defensive stand for 15 minutes. :)

My RRA 16 inch mid length is a workout..... I would last 10 minutes at best.

I am chasing the same thing, 16 inch lightweight mid length barrel. My RRA is accurate enough. BUT SO HEAVY. As someone else mentioned they are easy to change out.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    for those who have issue with supporting your rifle for extended periods of time, try the "machine gunners" sling style...not sure if thats the real name, but thats what i call it.

you will need 2 sling points, one either on the rear of the receiver or on the stock (a little uncomfortable depending on your sling if its on the stock) and then connected as far out on the handguard as possible. it helps if you have qd swivel studs.

pretty much a standard rifle sling connection style, however rather than have the sling cross over your string side shoulder, cross it under the strong side and over the support side...the sling will need to be somewhat tight when the rifle is raised on target, but what this does is take 90% of the weight off the front end of the rifle by having the sling take up the vast majority of the weight, so all your support hand really needs to do is control recoil and aim.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I was a pencil barrel skeptic until I built my A1 clone; now I'm a huge fan. You really forget how light the M16A1 was back in the day, even with that 20" barrel.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I was a pencil barrel skeptic until I built my A1 clone; now I'm a huge fan. You really forget how light the M16A1 was back in the day, even with that 20" barrel.

I agree, and the weight was part of what made it evolutionary. The A1 is my favorite AR-15 variant

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom