• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DimaK

May 15, 2012
    Finally getting the needed push to fill it out to SBR an SLR-107CR I have (its an AK that can be chopped). Two small questions:

1. For section 4G - do I write the original Arsenal Serial number or do I have to give it a new one?

2. For part 4H (other description) - do I leave that blank? write my full name+location, or can I abbreviate might first + middle names?

TIA!

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Finally getting the needed push to fill it out to SBR an SLR-107CR I have (its an AK that can be chopped). Two small questions:

1. For section 4G - do I write the original Arsenal Serial number or do I have to give it a new one?

2. For part 4H (other description) - do I leave that blank? write my full name+location, or can I abbreviate might first + middle names?

TIA!

Write the original serial number. Since you didn't make the lower you don't need to put your own serial number on the gun.

For 4H I left it blank after searching for examples on the internet. It seems plenty of people have done so without any problems.

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    Not to jack the thread, but i had a question myself....
    went down to get fingerprinted today, and the guy asked if i had my Cards from the ATF?!? I thought they did away with paper cards? I held off on doing the livescan stuff in case i needed the cards, but i thought that was the point of livescan? The guy said livescan only lets MSP do a Md. backround check, but not a federal check? I'm confused.....Who has done C3 work lately that can chime in? Should i just get the Livescan done and head to MSP for CLEO signoff or do i need to contact the ATF for the fingerprint cards. Thanks

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    LiveScan is just for MSP, not ATF. You still need to turn in 2 fingerprint cards to the ATF when you send in your forms.

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    I'm doing a form 1 for an SBR. Will any FD-258 form work, or do they need a specific version? (Guy at the fingerprinting location thought they needed a specific version)

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I used blank FBI cards that the fingerprinting place had. No where in the ATF instructions does it state that they need to be anything other than the standard FBI card.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I've always used the properly stamped cards. They have an NFA ATF stamp on them. They can be ordered for free right off the ATF's website. Our tax dollars at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom