• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I know his neighbor. Bought new argon triple insulated windows to cut down on snoring noise

:lol: :lol2:

Calvert County - it's peaceful, even at night. :D

rpker - yes, it's interesting being a lefty in a righty world (at least with long-guns anyways), but I make it work. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm odd-ball, long-gun's - predominantly lefty, can shoot righty, but accuracy suffers. Pistol - ambidextrous, favor right, but shoot almost as well with the left, I tend to do better at longer distance with handgun than up-close for some reason.

Damn left-eye dominance always gets me when shooting pistol right-handed though.

Other than that I'm typically right-hand dominant.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    SCAR ought to enjoy this, was setting the zero for my EO-Tech when it went crazy (25m/300m zero), even when it went f/a on me at least I managed to keep it on the paper. :lol2:

The one's to the right was the first time it happened, the one's to the left was the final burst before I hung it up for the day.

View attachment 54807

Good thing I don't have to qualify for anything anytime soon. :innocent0

Last edited:

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    :lol: :lol2:

Calvert County - it's peaceful, even at night. :D

rpker - yes, it's interesting being a lefty in a righty world (at least with long-guns anyways), but I make it work. ;)

So glad I ended up a lefty with right eye dominance. It does lead to some confusion with handguns for some reason though. I just never feel comfortable.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    So glad I ended up a lefty with right eye dominance. It does lead to some confusion with handguns for some reason though. I just never feel comfortable.

Try going southpaw, I find I'm more comfortable shooting southpaw, but shooting right-handed is so ingrained that I have to remind myself to switch over.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hit MG sat and sun, little bit of rain, but that didn't stop me and al from getting some range time.

Finally getting decent results from the HK and the M&P, got to shoot something while my upper's at the manufacturer...

jmac

Jan 24, 2011
    St. Marys County, Maryland
    Made it to the Grove today, only got half an hour to sight in my new SPARC, still high about 6" but left and right is pretty good. Of course now its time to pay uncle sam.... rather be back popping off rounds.

Last edited:

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Interesting day yesterday. Got there a tad after 1300. Of course line was up the hill. Alot of knuckleheads down there. One guy walks out before the range is cold. At least 3 tables were rapid firing and at one point it seemed like every table rang out at once, it was like a damn FA shoot! :facepalm:

Luckily after an hour people started funneling out nicely. Dumped a couple mags to test the feed on my new saiga 5.45 conversion. Fired a couple shots with my buddies AR-30. Overall not a bad day.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Finally got a chance this morning to shoot at the grove. It was busy, but no long lines or riduculous wait times. crazyal was there.. a lot of good folks and NO dangerous asshats. The weather was also nice. Got warm a bit and darn feakin mirage started affecting group sizes ( stringing).

Shot my Remington 700- AAC SD. No can yet, still waiting on the stamp. It grouped about 0.75" with a crappy scope and mil surp ammo. The compensator and the BC A5 stock really tamed the recoil to that of an 5.56 AR ( BTW, its a 308) took me a while to zero as the darn rings kept shaking loose( Yup, I forget the locktight)

Shot the suppressed Ruger AC556. Zeroed a Millet DMS1 on it. The new extractor also didnt throw brass onto the next zip code. They all landed in a pile just between the tables. Didnt hit anyone with hot brass today.

I got to shoot another member's twin Glock 21's in 45 ACP. These glocks shot 8" low at 7 yards. Like WTF? Both Glocks shot low to the right. 8" low and 2" to the right at 7 yards. Brand new guns that need to go back to the factory. We thought it could be us not doing our part. For a control, I used my Glock 32 and hit the target smack in the middle , same results with others. It is the first time that I have seen a Glock screw up this way ( 3rd gen G21,Austrian guns). looks like a bad lot with mismatched front/ rear sights.
    Al was shooting his 22AR that looks like a DMR. nice little tackdriver.

I missed out on Brad( bradicorn) and his piston AR. maybe this weekend. I need to get back into the game. My shooting skills have declined a bit since last year. I'll blame that on my new no line bifocals and lack of trigger time.

Overall, it was an awesome morning.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I knew I felt a disturbance in the force this morning..., missed out on range time with SCAR and Al - I'm in Va this week. :sad20:

Good to hear you got some range time, maybe you can work on getting lx1x out there as well - haven't seen him out there since he shot that ciccada... :innocent0

Hmm, al was tack-driving - he must've switched back to the 36gr rounds then. The 20" upper right?

I'll have my upper back in the next few days (everything checked out - they replaced the bolt/firing pin for good measure though), get the optics back on and re-zeroed and I'll be back on the range.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    im off tomorrow.. if i get things done early and have time.. i may go there tomorrow. test out the a-max load for 308.

Last edited:

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    We hit the range about noon with the 45s. No wait and beautiful weather! Shot the Ruger LCP(another win at the NRA dinner). It shoots alot better with the Hogue grip. Got to shoot a 45colt derringer and it was pretty smooth. I'll be there to zero the 308 next week.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Lx1x..... It is time for the 22LR challenge. crazyal has been prepping for that since last fall. We should give him a little competition. I'm also glad that he finally got rid of the self-destructing Remington 597.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Lx1x..... It is time for the 22LR challenge. crazyal has been prepping for that since last fall. We should give him a little competition. I'm also glad that he finally got rid of the self-destructing Remington 597.
    bout time. :lol:

yeah.. we are due for another one.. 22lr challenge.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, he sold it, but he still has plenty of bolt components for it though...

You sure about a .22lr challenge?? You guys are in the heart of Al's territory if .22's are involved..., but that should be interesting.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Upper comes back to me on thursday, looks like I'll have to be in 2 places at once that day..., but I'll find a way to make that work.

I'm foreseeing a range trip in my future, I missed my AR - even if it is piston-driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom