• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    In my experience Fulton builds a top notch AR, you can pretty much spec it exactly how you want it.
    I bought this varmint AR back when they used to do gun shows, at the time it was 1080.00 including the Harris bi-pod,no scope mounts or glass.
    The rifle has functioned perfectly all these years and has very good accuracy from their barrel which I think is a Wilson, for extra money they offer other barrels including Krieger.
    If I was in the market for another AR Fulton would be one of the company's at the top of my list.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpg
      IMG_2269.jpg
      73.1 KB · Views: 538
    • IMG_2272.jpg
      IMG_2272.jpg
      80.1 KB · Views: 549

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I bought my competition service rifle from Fulton. They were on the pricey side but they were the only online retailer that specified the source of their parts (E.g.. Krieger barrel, Northern Competition rear sights etc...) in their build and they were a local MD company.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I have one of their National Match Service Rifles with a Kreiger barrel and have no complaints. :thumbsup:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Here is mine... it's boringly accurate.

Kreiger barrel
    I had a POF lower sitting around so they built the gun on it for me.

They hand lapped the RRA two stage trigger for me for free. I'm a bit of a trigger snob and I like it so much that I have been afraid to remove it for cleaning. ;)

bb6b4a62.jpg

g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    Thanks all for the comments...I'm trying to decide between a Colt 6721 or an FA, and I guess it's a decision whether to pay for what I want up front with the FA, or get the Colt and pay for the "enhancements" as I go along...

Decisions, decisions...

g8tr

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Save your money and shop around. Given the choice between Fulton or Colt, I would have to pass. Fulton has always been overpriced and Colt has never impressed me.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Thanks all for the comments...I'm trying to decide between a Colt 6721 or an FA, and I guess it's a decision whether to pay for what I want up front with the FA, or get the Colt and pay for the "enhancements" as I go along...

Decisions, decisions...

g8tr

Save your money and shop around. Given the choice between Fulton or Colt, I would have to pass. Fulton has always been overpriced and Colt has never impressed me.

Buy the Colt.

I'm not a fan of FA. Period.

They had an M1 Garand (.308) that belongs to a friend of mine, and did a great job of accurizing it.
    Then, the groups went from 5/8" at 100 yards, to 8" to 9" "patterns".
    They got the rifle back and kept it for 13 MONTHS, and still couldn't find out what was wrong with it.

Rifle was retrieved from FA and taken to Charles Maloney.
    He saw in FIVE MINUTES that the stock was cracked!!!!!!
    He ordered a new stock, fitted/glass bedded it...... the rifle shoots sub-MOA groups again.

I have NO FAITH in FA. Period. End of story.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD

Decisions, decisions...

g8tr

I bought a Colt 6721 recently and the trigger in it was the worst I'd ever seen, so I located a replacement and installed it. The Colt trigger is single stage and gritty as all get out. And, because of the severe creep, it felt like a two stage.

Lew--Ranger63

g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    Thanks all for your comments. I've decided to go with the Colt; my plan is to shoot it for a while and get comfortable with it before I start changing it, which I hear is inevitable with an AR :innocent0:innocent0

I'm picking it up Sunday from one of our IPs...

Thanks again,
    g8tr

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Buy the Colt.

I'm not a fan of FA. Period.

They had an M1 Garand (.308) that belongs to a friend of mine, and did a great job of accurizing it.
    Then, the groups went from 5/8" at 100 yards, to 8" to 9" "patterns".
    They got the rifle back and kept it for 13 MONTHS, and still couldn't find out what was wrong with it.

Rifle was retrieved from FA and taken to Charles Maloney.
    He saw in FIVE MINUTES that the stock was cracked!!!!!!
    He ordered a new stock, fitted/glass bedded it...... the rifle shoots sub-MOA groups again.

I have NO FAITH in FA. Period. End of story.

Maloney is the man

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom