• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Plan C is to give up my guns and accept being a victim. The days of honor are dead in this nation. If worse comes to worse this nation will hand over their guns just like the people of Britain and Australia did.

I sincerely doubt that will happen without great loss of innocent lives. There are many people in this country that swear by the "cold dead hands" mantra, and will not give up their firearms while they're breathing.

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    Plan C is to give up my guns and accept being a victim. The days of honor are dead in this nation. If worse comes to worse this nation will hand over their guns just like the people of Britain and Australia did.

I think I'll go with become one of the criminal element because I refuse to be a victim. Hell the 2nd amendment is there for that reason when necessary to defend against tyranny. There is sufficient evidence in both Britain and Australia that the criminal element will NOT give up their guns and at that point the "law abiding citizens" become the prey for those who never cared to follow the rules in the first place.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Mine is a constutional convention. I have a plan d and e and f as well. But I think c will keep us busy for a while.. like the rest of my life. Consider joining my plan c....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Rent? so I need a HQL to rent handguns in a range after Oct. 1st?

The definition of "rent" in the legislation is off premises. So using a range provided firearm at the range that provided it, for a fee, is still OK and does not require an HQL.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I have a question I did not find an answer for in a quick search.

What will be the new law for someone out of state renting a gun in Maryland? I often have co-workers from out of town stuck here on the weekends, and once in a while we decide to go shooting at one of the ranges that rents.

Not an issue, no HQL required to use a range provided firearm at that range.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rent is defined in the law.

“Rent” means the temporary transfer for consideration of a regulated firearm that is taken from the property of the owner of the regulated firearm.

Also, from what I have heard, "renting" at a range to only use at that time at that range does not constitute renting. Renting only applies to taking off premises (as is related to this law).

Anyone have info to the contrary?

Note "taken from the property of the owner".

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    The real issue that if/when this becomes constitutional, the other gun grabber states will follow suit and most likely make the licensing procedure worse. Once that happens we might as well kiss any new people goodbye from the gun community as no one is going to jump through all these hoops.
    Other states already have similar licenses. MA has a a firearms identification card (FID). I believe the licensing process includes fingerprinting, safety classes, and shooting proficiency. My cousin recently went through it. You even need one to purchase ammo there. Plus you have to wait for MA compliant firearms.,

Mr H

Banana'd
    http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/Su...ion/Firearms/HandgunQualificationLicense.aspx

http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/Su...ingDivision/UnderConstruction/Automation.aspx

http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/Su...ion/Training/HandgunQualificationLicense.aspx

This is the most detailed info on the new automated system, and the HQL, I have found yet.

"The funding for this project is grant-based, and the project is currently awaiting an award decision."

FYI... those links are rife with inaccuracies. I would not rely on them.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on other threads but I since this thread is about the HQL, does an FFL03 holder (C&R) that is a MD resident need to have an HQL after Oct 1 to receive C&R handguns in an interstate transfer?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on other threads but I since this thread is about the HQL, does an FFL03 holder (C&R) that is a MD resident need to have an HQL after Oct 1 to receive C&R handguns in an interstate transfer?

NO..That is one of the HQL exemptions in the legislation.

The only thing you have to worry about with C&Rs is the copy cat test for "assault" style centerfire rifles.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010

Acquisition of handguns that are classified as either "antique" or "curio and relic" under federal law are explicitly and completely exempted from the requirement for a HQL. Please hear this: This has NOTHING TO DO with whether or not the purchaser of such a handgun has a C&R license or not. It has nothing to do with whether the purchase is by interstate transfer or intrastate transfer. Even a first-time gun purchaser may purchase an "antique" or "C&R" handgun without possessing the HQL. But all previous requirements continue to apply, with respect to waiting periods, the Roster, and all of the rest.

Everybody who wants to see this exemption eliminated should be sure to make a big fuss about it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Other states already have similar licenses. MA has a a firearms identification card (FID). I believe the licensing process includes fingerprinting, safety classes, and shooting proficiency. My cousin recently went through it. You even need one to purchase ammo there. Plus you have to wait for MA compliant firearms.,

They have had that for at least 40 years.

And like CCW in MD, the granting of FID is NOT mandatory. It is granted by the local LE. A college buddy could not get one (from Boston area) as his city was against issuing them, but the next town over was more like shall issue.

He changed his residency to MD.

So there ARE worst places for 2A than MD.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    If you have read the legislation, the errors, omissions, and misdirections are plain as day.

If you haven't read the legislation, here is a link to the signed/final version: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_427_sb0281e.pdf

Sure I have read it, but many have not, which is why I asked for more details, for those that have not. You have to realize correct or not this is the info that is online for people to find, and if we do not point out in detail these errors, omissions and misdirections, people will see it and take it for face value and believe it as fact. When I went searching online for info regarding the HQL, one of the first things I came to was MDSP site. Thank you for posting the final version for folks that haven't seen it yet. It would be really awesome if there were a place online people could go to pull up accurate info on the HQL without having to read 60+ pages

Feb 28, 2013
    Plan C is to give up my guns and accept being a victim.

You can. I won't.

The days of honor are dead in this nation.

I like to think not, and I'm just jaded by being born and raised here.

If worse comes to worse this nation will hand over their guns just like the people of Britain and Australia did.

Don't count on it. It was tried before. The battles of Lexington and Concord were the result.

This time it might read, The Battles of Rockville and Upper Marlboro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom