• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Glad to be working full-time again, and not wanting to wrap a breaker bar around my employer's head is a solid bonus also. :lol2:

After you buy your soul back from the snap on guy, you gonna start some builds again? :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    After you buy your soul back from the snap on guy, you gonna start some builds again? :D

Yep, just have to pay off the 1 big expenditure first.

12208594_10208194896419526_5211849574612523099_n.jpg

I'm already a few months ahead on my payment plan. The goal is to be free and clear ASAP.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    The jam nut, or the entire barrel nut itself?

If you need to re-torque the barrel nut - I can loan you my armorers wrench, or you can swing by the shop and we can knock that out real quick one day. They're cool with my primary hobby, so no worries there.

The jam nut, I have an armorers wrench but apparently it's useless to tighten the jam nut. Do you have a spanner wrench?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The jam nut, I have an armorers wrench but apparently it's useless to tighten the jam nut. Do you have a spanner wrench?

I think I loaned it out, the one for the YHM style jam nuts - but in a pinch you can use a couple different methods to snug it up.

I'll check my parts bins and see if I have the spanner.

Nice tool chest! I just built a shed, so now I've got room in my garage for a real work bench. Maybe a new tool chest too.:innocent0

The picture doesn't do this one justice, it's a big solid sumbitch. 632lbs empty, total capacity of 6800lbs. It's going to take a little bit of time before I have to expand on this one.

It's not the most budget friendly option, but if you want something to pass on down to the kids/grandkids one day - it'll last.

Snap-On made me a hell of an offer, so I pulled the trigger.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Brand new paint/trim scheme, from what I hear anyways, for Snap-On this year - they don't even have photos of it on their website yet.

Wayne hooked me up.

But does it have a piston buffer?:innocent0;) Glad to hear you are doing well!

The rubberized top coating could probably be used as a buffer, it'd definitely be the most expensive buffer I've ever bought though... :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Nice rig. I paid off my 3 bay Matco about 7 years ago and have no intention of starting a new box payment, ever...

I didn't intend on taking on a debt like this one so early into my time at this shop, but after seeing how the lower drawers started buckling on my previous box - Buy once, Cry once came into play.

Figure by the time I've outgrown the current roller, I'll be able to use my first roller for the lighter stuff and keep the heavier stuff in the expensive roller, that can handle the weight.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    ooops, more like 6K. I just looked it up. WOW!

Sweet Jesus!

Glad you are back in the saddle. Hope to see you soon!

Look up KRL1022CPWZ on Snap-On's site, that's my box - just without a picture.

If you want sticker shock, look up our Master tech's box - KEXN725A1PCM, and he's got a few add-ons to it.

I'm not ready to spend THAT type of money yet. :)

**But he's got 20+ years on me in the trade, so he's got all the nice stuff.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Holy shit.

Im going to order their 2 pack of strap wrenches, thats all I can afford. LOL

Can also say that I didn't quite pay MSRP either, it was a hell of a deal - and I didn't hesitate. ;)

They do finance....

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I didn't intend on taking on a debt like this one so early into my time at this shop, but after seeing how the lower drawers started buckling on my previous box - Buy once, Cry once came into play.

Figure by the time I've outgrown the current roller, I'll be able to use my first roller for the lighter stuff and keep the heavier stuff in the expensive roller, that can handle the weight.
    I went the buy once cry once route with mine. Big ol 3 bay and barely filled half of it when I bought it. I got teased for a while, but I filled it up over the next few years. Added a 5 drawer cart and I'm pretty much set for dealership life. So many provided special tools that I don't need to buy as much as an someone at an indy shop would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom