• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Anyone have a recommend for a processor in Charles on Northern St. Mary's?
    Preferably someone who can take a deer after sunset during bow season.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Last year Chucks didn't open after sunset until later in the season. I called and they said they haven't thought about what they'll do yet this year. Most of my hunting is after work. If I can't turn a deer in at night, I have to ice it and store it. Anybody else use Rowell's? It's gonna be over an hour round trip but still better than waiting a day.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Mike McWilliams is off Indian Bridge Rd in SMC and I believe you can drop them off in the walk in 24 hours a day. Just tag em and slide em in.

Wild Game Processors
    22399 Indian Bridge Rd.
    California, MD 20619
    240-925-6994 (cell)
    301-475-9667 (home)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If it's got a night time lock on it then how will the OP get into it to hang his deer?

Knowing that question is more akin to ball busting (not the first time) the answer is very simple.

Processors tell the hunters the combination number to the lock so the fridge can be accessed.

My processor has the combination on his message machine when you call his shop.

Thank you for driving by...

PS: Aren't you the one that said all crossbow hunters are idiots?

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    PS: Aren't you the one that said all crossbow hunters are idiots?

LOL yes I am. Only a idiot crossbow hunter will take their deer to someone else to get it butchered up and then get lord only knows who's else's deer back. I butcher all my deer.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    LOL yes I am. Only a idiot crossbow hunter will take their deer to someone else to get it butchered up and then get lord only knows who's else's deer back. I butcher all my deer.

That must be me - seems like the older I get, the more of an idiot I become.
    Thanks for contributing.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Dixon's used to do it. They might still. But it was only straight cuts.

Rick's Place was decent but they closed because the State Of Maryland sucks a big one. And the residents that live on Rick's road are shitheads.

Jameson farm used to do them also, not sure if they still do. Used to be only straight cuts also.

Hopefully that gives you some leads.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I think the hancocks on springhill/ newtown road still do it. they are jsut outside of laplata.

swimtb

Jul 17, 2013
    crofton area
    Try Glen Rollins on Fairgrounds Rd, Bel Alton. 301 643 4808. Has a shop there behind the house and always able to take a deer after dark. Give him a call.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I called Rollins - he's good to go but only does basic cuts. No sausage, snack sticks etc. $55-$70 depending on size and cut. I called Chuck's again this morning. Season opens Friday and he still hasn't decided if he'll be open or not. Right now I'm thinking I'll drive over to Calvert if I kill a deer during the
    day and just drop it off at with Rollins if it's after dark.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I called Rollins - he's good to go but only does basic cuts. No sausage, snack sticks etc. $55-$70 depending on size and cut. I called Chuck's again this morning. Season opens Friday and he still hasn't decided if he'll be open or not. Right now I'm thinking I'll drive over to Calvert if I kill a deer during the
    day and just drop it off at with Rollins if it's after dark.

If you are in St Mary's, I would second Kstones recommendation on Mike McWilliams on Indian Bridge Road.

I also used the Amish on Rt 5 going towards Mechanicsville, on the right hand side, by Stauffers feed store. They always did a great job for me as well.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    If you are in St Mary's, I would second Kstones recommendation on Mike McWilliams on Indian Bridge Road.

I also used the Amish on Rt 5 going towards Mechanicsville, on the right hand side, by Stauffers feed store. They always did a great job for me as well.

I do most of my hunting in Charles so it's actually easier to get to Calver than either of these. Good to know though, next time I go to Leonardtown I'll look for the amish. Is there a sign out or some other landmark?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I do most of my hunting in Charles so it's actually easier to get to Calver than either of these. Good to know though, next time I go to Leonardtown I'll look for the amish. Is there a sign out or some other landmark?

Yes, there is a sign by the road/driveway. Not a huge sign but it's there.

If you are coming from Leonardtown, when you pass Stauffers feed, be on the lookout.

If you are heading to Leonardtown and you see Stauffers, turn around. :D

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    If you want the actual meat from your deer back, don't use Chuck's.

...or if you're fussy about cleanliness. I've used Chucks and had no issues, just wish he handled things differently.
    Also wish 'she' wasn't so squeamish about blood and fur all over the kitchen!

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Yes, there is a sign by the road/driveway. Not a huge sign but it's there.

If you are coming from Leonardtown, when you pass Stauffers feed, be on the lookout.

If you are heading to Leonardtown and you see Stauffers, turn around. :D

Place is in Loveville just North of Leonardtown. They keep the deer in a refrigerated 18 wheeler box truck run on generators, since they're amish and don't have electricity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom