• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Very few gun shows in MD are worth a 15 minute drive.

Unless Shooter Discounts post some super duper cant live without sale it's usually worth it to drive to PA.

turbofire383

I like to burn things
    Apr 12, 2008
    Harford County
    I've never been to one other than Maryland so I have nothing to compare. What is better about shows out of state?

Generally PA shows are much better due to being alot bigger with more to see. Currently, due to the existence of the internet, gun shows are sort of pointless if you are going to purchase. There is nothing at a gun show that you usually can't find a better deal online somewhere. Most could probably describe them as a place where a couple of gun dealers from the area come to one location, and charge you admission to see the shit they have just sitting in their shops on a regular basis (with less than thrilling prices).

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    It's big, but it's 70% junk 30% Guns. Also parking sucks as there is usually something else at the same time at the fairgrounds. You may find a deal or two, especially if shooters discount is there. I usually go if I have nothing better to do just because I'm maybe 15 minutes away. I wouldn't drive any long distance for it. Oh and you have to get there somewhat early as it usually fills up with kids buying knives and crap.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    True - but it's still fun to go and browse and sometimes you find a little gem here or there. Occasionally I'll find a few boxes of ammo that are cheap enough to make it worth it.

Now the York Pa full auto show had some really cool things. First time I ever saw a 20mm sniper rifle (if you want to call it that). Ridiculous.

Also - when I'm looking for a new handgun, er I mean Happy-Bang-Daisy-Food-Cadaver-Maker, It's nice to have all these tables with all sort of different models that I can hold in my hand and get a feel for ergonomics at least.

But generally yea, you really don't find much in the way of deals

jeganrocks

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County, MD
    Well, my first show was the PG county show last month and even though I didn't purchase anything but ammo, I find being able to see selection from multiple vendors worthwhile. If you include the cost of going in and the price of the ammo I bought, I just broke even for what I could buy retail. So I didn't considered it a waste. Driving to PA is just too far. If this show is larger than the PG county show, I will considered going just to look.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Well, my first show was the PG county show last month and even though I didn't purchase anything but ammo, I find being able to see selection from multiple vendors worthwhile. If you include the cost of going in and the price of the ammo I bought, I just broke even for what I could buy retail. So I didn't considered it a waste. Driving to PA is just too far. If this show is larger than the PG county show, I will considered going just to look.
    It's about the same as PG if not a little bigger, but I think PG has more guns. PA shows really are where it's at. York is only an hour from Baltimore and absolutely worth the drive. Chantilly down in VA is good too, but most vendors won't sell handguns to MD residents.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You have to see who the promoter is hosting the show, and remember any previous venues/experiences before you indulge your time into a show.

I'm getting to the point where I'm just putting more money into the pockets of the promoter, which is not always a bad thing it always helps to have gun shows.

Appalachians seems to be open for people who are into selling scam artist cheap knockoff stuff, but if you can get around that then it's no problem. Examples include white van speakers, expensive "custom made" magnesium fire starters, etc. Everyone's product is so much better than everything else, these $30 speakers will blow a $15,000 entertainment system out of the water.

I noticed the last couple of times, besides a few firearm vendors the shows are almost like being on the boardwalk in Ocean City, how every shop sells the same stuff.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Shooters Discount will be there. I am currently working trying to get in the neat merchandise that we are noted for. Most of it should be arriving just before the show. I'm not going to indicate what it'll be until we have it in our hands; don't want to jinx it.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I go to promote our gun club (Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club) as the promoter is big on gettting local gun clubs involved.

I also like to see what Lou at Shooter's Discount brings! Hard to resist his deals on LE trade-ins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom