• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Asked if I had a Facebook or MySpace page.

Hmmmm. If they are going that way, why not ask for your MDS handle?
    I do not have a Facebook account ot MySpace account so I can truely answer "no"...But that is anouther intrusive questions to forward to MSI and Smigiel.
    But good you have it marked as Private.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Mine is also "private" but I am not sure what effect that really has on Police Depts and Criminal Investigators. Facebook's privacy policy changes so often. I could really just delete it and die happy.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    4/20- While cleaning off my coffee table of mail I found a letter nearly a month old from CJIS saying the FBI rejected my fingerprints because of poor quality. (I used the old card not livescan) I called CJIS and they said to take the letter to any livescan office and they will do a reprint. FYI Fingerprinting said they couldnt do it because they couldnt change the tracking number on their machine to match mine. I had to go to CJIS in Pikesville. Got re fingerprinted. I felt a little uncomfortable because the fingerprint tech kept rolling my hand onto her boob. but thats another story....

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I haven't been able to make heads or tails of the hundreds of pages split across the dozen threads on this topic. What is the current state of MD CCW permits? Has anyone been getting them? Or is everyone still in limbo?

Mr H

Banana'd
    I haven't been able to make heads or tails of the hundreds of pages split across the dozen threads on this topic. What is the current state of MD CCW permits? Has anyone been getting them? Or is everyone still in limbo?

It's "hurry up and wait".

The process is still sorting itself out, and the state is [apparently] trying to play games.

Don't expect any actual permits for many months.

uscoastiee

Apr 20, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Call me crazy!!

I've just gone trough and built a spreadsheet with everyone's application information that is posted in this 23 page thread.

First off, my application details:
    3/14 - Fingerprint card done at MSP Barracks "F" [$10]
    3/14 - Sent completed app to MSP [$112] + [$6.60-shipping]
    3/15 - App received & signed for by MSP (Brown)
    3/21 - Check Cleared (# on Check 81310)
    4/11 - Received "Good Boy" letter

And I've heard nothing since!! Which has be worried, and is why I did up a spreadsheet.

I found that there are 102 people in this thread + 3 on FB that have posted some kind of timeline for their application, (some only provided the date the app was submitted, while some provided all dates up to their wife being contacted).

My data is in it's most raw form, because I'm sick of looking at it right now!! The county column isn't 100% correct, I started going by were the live scan was done, then I realized that some people had their county listed under their profile. I'm not willing to go through and update the county, right now.

If someone want's to add formulas to calculate how many days between app received and interviews held, be my guest.

If you would like the attachment via email, PM me your email address and I'll get it to you ASAP.

Hope this helps shed some light on what is going on with all of our apps.

Update: Post #546 has the most up to date spreadsheet.

Attachments

• MD CCW.xlsx
      18.5 KB · Views: 81
    Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've just gone trough and built a spreadsheet with everyone's application information that is posted in this 23 page thread.

And I've heard nothing since!! Which has be worried, and is why I did up a spreadsheet.

I found that there are 102 people in this thread + 3 on FB that have posted some kind of timeline for their application, (some only provided the date the app was submitted, while some provided all dates up to their wife being contacted).

My data is in it's most raw form, because I'm sick of looking at it right now!! The county column isn't 100% correct, I started going by were the live scan was done, then I realized that some people had their county listed under their profile. I'm not willing to go through and update the county, right now.

If someone want's to add formulas to calculate how many days between app received and interviews held, be my guest.

If you would like the attachment via email, PM me your email address and I'll get it to you ASAP.

OK... I'll call you crazy!!!

:D

But I'll also say THANKS!!!

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD

Wow! That's a heck of a first post! We should have done it this way to start, but who could have predicted the path?

Thanks for the spreadsheet. And you got my info correct.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie

Well played Sr and welcome to MDS :thumbsup:

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]

Maybe you should upload it to somewhere like google docs and allow people to update their own data. I think it keeps "version-ing", so we can restore data if something gets accidentally deleted.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    I'm not one to stir the hornets' nest. I have nothing to hide, but why bring a spotlight, I suppose...

If they're just holding them until guidance is received (either for non-disapproval or otherwise:D) for en masse processing, I'm OK with that. Patience, I got.
    O'Malley: Special session likely

"Whether we have five sites or six sites doesn't matter as much to me," O'Malley said as he rattled off a list of priorities that includes public safety and education. . .
    http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/gov/2012/04/17-45/OMalley-Special-session-likely.html

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    And three hours later my facebook page is as clean as the freshly fallen snow. Only after that do I realize that 1) my profile is 'private' and searching for me does not result in me and 2) the James Mangle that shows up looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo -- so yeah, ugh.

You were very smart to think of your FB page. Everyday there is more and more people that did not get that job they were hopping for or lost a job they very much needed because of the stupid crap people post for the world to see.

I work for DOD. For the last few years ODO blocked FB and you could not get on it at work. I have a friend of mine whom is in upper security management of the Army CID (Criminal Investigation Division). They also work with members of the Secret Service and FBI.

Anyway The DOD/Army changed their policy and now allow access to FB on government computers. The reason? He tells me they decided to give people the access instead of keeping them from FB because people will just let the cats out of the bags and can be easily be monitored.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Hay, I don't think your crazy. I think you have allot of time on your hands but thanks for the hard work.

If you want to add some to mine I live in Carroll County and my Live scan and fingerprints were all done the day I mailed my app. Also the number on my check is 84779

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Mine is also "private" but I am not sure what effect that really has on Police Depts and Criminal Investigators. Facebook's privacy policy changes so often. I could really just delete it and die happy.

They must have a warrant or court order to see anything that you have blocked them from. Moreover, they have to proof more than a good and substantial reason to get one. -smile-

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    You were very smart to think of your FB page. Everyday there is more and more people that did not get that job they were hopping for or lost a job they very much needed because of the stupid crap people post for the world to see.

I work for DOD. For the last few years ODO blocked FB and you could not get on it at work. I have a friend of mine whom is in upper security management of the Army CID (Criminal Investigation Division). They also work with members of the Secret Service and FBI.

Anyway The DOD/Army changed their policy and now allow access to FB on government computers. The reason? He tells me they decided to give people the access instead of keeping them from FB because people will just let the cats out of the bags and can be easily be monitored.

Not to mention, lots of army bases and commands are using facebook to disseminate information to the units. During the winter, I can tell if there is a snow day faster via twitter or facebook than the traditional voicemail message or call down rosters.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Hay, I don't think your crazy. I think you have allot of time on your hands but thanks for the hard work.

If you want to add some to mine I live in Carroll County and my Live scan and fingerprints were all done the day I mailed my app. Also the number on my check is 84779

Is this the number that appears on the front of the cancelled check (rather than the back)? If so, there is small, handwritten number on my check that reads 81430, which is way different. The CJIS on my app is dated March 22 and the check cleared on March 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom