• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Just seems like common sense and common courtesy.

These rules have always been assumed,

I just assumed that was how it should be. Guess I was right.

Sometimes I get a little grumpy, sometimes I post mindless frivolaties, but generally I try to be positive and at least make a minor contribution. I actually delete a lot of my posts without posting them, just because they're frivolous.

Sometimes when I log on, I expect a PM from the Admins warning me to stop posting all that nonsensical rubbish.

This is a great site, and really works amazingly well with very light moderation. It's easy to get distracted by the relatively small amount of asshattery, and lose sight of how well this community functions in semi-anarchy. I think a lot of that is because most of us live in a very small area. Many of us are neighbors, and know each other in the real world.

I can sympathize with Don and the Admins, though. it must take a lot of patience, and I realize I have little idea of what they deal with.

Thank you, Don, for this site, and for your patience and decency.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    This forum is awsome, i wish we could get back to conversations about guns.Which is what I want to learn more about. Unfortunatley we have a problem in the WHite House.
    This forum is great because you can post about politics, especialy since 08. It threw me off guard seeing the rules and regs. The lyrics sign sign every where a sign rushed into my head.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ill do my part.

I know I made a thread in the past and didnt stick to it, but Im not doing any gay humor/jokes anymore. If anyone tries it ill simply ignore it.

To those I offended in the past with my joking, my apologies, I sincerely mean it.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think the rules are perfectly fair. It just seems like your setting down a few guidelines that people should have the common sense to follow.

More and more I've been thinking that MDS is one of the premiere faces of 2nd amendment advocacy in Maryland and people need to act as such.

Now I'm not saying we have to go to the extreme of being so PC we call Pizza "Italian American Sauce Bread with Cheese" but I agree there has to be some limit to keep us from anarchy.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Ill do my part.

I know I made a thread in the past and didnt stick to it, but Im not doing any gay humor/jokes anymore. If anyone tries it ill simply ignore it.

To those I offended in the past with my joking, my apologies, I sincerely mean it.

Personally I'll miss the joking, but I respect your decision and will do my best to refrain from the jokes just to make it easier for you. :thumbsup:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    By the way, I've said it many times, but PLEASE utilize the report post button if you see all hell breaking lose and there appears to be no moderation. We are not omnipresent and are frequently unaware of bad stuff happening. Here it is for those that are not familiar:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-24 at 10.50.37 PM.jpg
      Screen shot 2011-04-24 at 10.50.37 PM.jpg
      5.5 KB · Views: 282

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    By the way, I've said it many times, but PLEASE utilize the report post button if you see all hell breaking lose and there appears to be no moderation. We are not omnipresent and are frequently unaware of bad stuff happening. Here it is for those that are not familiar:

Whats the computer icon? I.P. address?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Ill do my part.

Back when I was in High School, my group of buddies went through a period where we got addicted to the gay humor/ jokes. It really, really is addictive. And it kind of warps your perceptions- you see opportunities for gay jokes everywhere. If you don't go for it, another guy will beat you to it. And frankly, it's kind of fun.

Anyway, it got so bad that after a while, we all agreed we were going to stop it. It actually was kind of hard, because that sort of thing is really addictive. But we did cut it out. We sort of policed and supported each other, and sucessfully kicked the habit.

Clandestine, that really is a healthy decision on your part. I hope you're sucessfull in breaking the addiction. You will find it difficult at times, but you will succeed if you want to. You're too decent a man to be dragged down by all that gay crap.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom