Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    You can reach delegate Smigiel at
    Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr
    District 36-Upper Shore
    Annapolis Office: 410-841-3555
    Elkton Office: 410-392-5815
    delegatemikesmigiel@gmail.com

I contacted him via email and got a form letter that others have posted.

You can contact MSI at
    http://marylandshallissue.org/contact/
    However I have not heard back anything from MSI regarding information submitted to them.

Thanks, That's a great help. Do you know if he is helping everyone of just the people in hes district?

Mr H

Banana'd
    My application has been sitting at MSP since 3/09/12. Just sent M.A. Jones @ MSP an E-mail asking why some have been called before me whose apps have been in for less than 2 weeks while mine sits with the money fee already cashed. Im waiting the reply.

I'm not one to stir the hornets' nest. I have nothing to hide, but why bring a spotlight, I suppose...

If they're just holding them until guidance is received (either for non-disapproval or otherwise:D) for en masse processing, I'm OK with that. Patience, I got.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    got my app back yesterday, said no check, have the blue print copy here of the check I wrote ... WTF????

Sent again today with 'NUTHER check.

Already received CJIS letter back, now I am expecting this second submission to be returned stating that it was submitted too late after the finger printing .... :mad54::mad54::mad54::innocent0

Check got cashed now number noted was 81505

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I had my interview today at waterloo. The trooper was very professional and even sympathetic to my reasons for a permit. He did ask me about my mental health, the doctors I have seen and how frequent, what medications I was on and why. He did not ask for a note. He also asked how many firearms I owned and made a copy of my Utah permit.

He ended by saying after he typed everything up it goes to pikesville and gave me a number to call to check on the status. He told me my permit had a deadline of 4/19 but he would have it in Pikesville by Monday. He said he has no real bearing on if its denied or approved but wished me luck.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Well the numbers obviously are climbing. It is logical to believe that they are application numbers. I submitted 3/9/12 and I am 811##. I think we all wish more people applied...

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    The trooper that interviewed, me when I asked if they had received a lot of applications, said "I believe thousands". Not sure if this is accurate, but it's what he said. That was on 3/24.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The trooper that interviewed, me when I asked if they had received a lot of applications, said "I believe thousands". Not sure if this is accurate, but it's what he said. That was on 3/24.

Since this started, when has the MSP said something that is correct? :lol2:

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    Had my interview today

3/9 - Livescan in Glen Burnie in the am, mailed out app in the afternoon
    3/14 - MSP cashed my check
    3/29 - Contacted by phone to arrange interview
    3/30 - In-person interview at MSP Waterloo Barracks

Standard questions...
    Ever been arrested?
    Ever used illegal drugs?
    Any domestic violence?
    Do you have handguns/how many?
    Ever seen a psychiatrist?

I was not asked about my reason for wanting a permit.

Officer was friendly and polite. He wrote down my driver lic # and my FLA permit #. Whole thing took maybe 5 mins.

When I asked how they are handling all these applications, he said that MSP is still waiting for clarification from the judge.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    strange, I still have not been contacted..

Application Received 3/8
    number on check 81077

Jmira:

I've been asking if any Out-of-State applicants have been interviewed, but I never get any responses from anyone. I have not been interviewed,. My application was received on March 13 and check cashed soon after.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    When folks get called, what is the caller ID? Does it say MSP or blocked or restricted or what? I am asking so I know what calls to answer.
    Edited to add. App received the 13th, check cashed few days later. No calls as of yet.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    When folks get called, what is the caller ID? Does it say MSP or blocked or restricted or what? I am asking so I know what calls to answer.
    Edited to add. App received the 13th, check cashed few days later. No calls as of yet.

I asked this same question the other day, but never got an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom