walmart says .223 won't be legal to sell after Jan 1??huh?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Sounds to me like Walmart may go the way that Kmart did a few years ago by not carrying the ammo in it's stores. At any rate, it wouldn't mean that a buyer couldn't purchase more .223 elsewhere.

The Walmart employee is telling half-truths at best and outright lies at worst. Perhaps the employee is attempting to boost sales??

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Italked to the sporting goods counter manager at wal mart today, and here is how she explained it to me. The importation ban on russian ammunition is stopping Wal-mart from recieving any more shipments of tulammo. Even though Tulammo is wal mart's number one selling ammo, there is nothing they can do. She was doubtful that the warehouse that supplies them has any more tulammo to replace what has already been sold. She believes that what is in the case is the last of what they will have. I was also told that the first day of the import ban, they sold 90 percent of all thier tulammo and are down to a couple hundred rounds of 7.62x39. I bought a hundred.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    9mm Federal is much cheaper at Wal Mart than anywhere I've seen online. 100 rounds for $25.00 is hard to beat. Even if you could beat it, I might still buy the Federal since it doesn't foul up my Glock.

Is .223 much cheaper online than Wal Mart?

I'm able to find new production 9mm (PMC, Magtech, GECO) for between 22-27cpr online, INCLUDING shipping...so trying to find it locally with the added gas wasted and tax paid makes no sense.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Perfecta and brassmaxx are still out there. Both are Tulammo but not made in Russia per the packaging so would they be considered russian and thus banned from import?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Italked to the sporting goods counter manager at wal mart today, and here is how she explained it to me. The importation ban on russian ammunition is stopping Wal-mart from recieving any more shipments of tulammo. Even though Tulammo is wal mart's number one selling ammo, there is nothing they can do. She was doubtful that the warehouse that supplies them has any more tulammo to replace what has already been sold. She believes that what is in the case is the last of what they will have. I was also told that the first day of the import ban, they sold 90 percent of all thier tulammo and are down to a couple hundred rounds of 7.62x39. I bought a hundred.

Someone enlighten me here...

Last I saw, Tula was not included in the ban. Did I miss something?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Someone enlighten me here...

Last I saw, Tula was not included in the ban. Did I miss something?

Don't forget that big old grain of salt!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    LOL!! Thought so...

Amazing how some folks will believe anything.

it does not always matter if the threat is real or not, if people believe it, it is enough to destroy the market, look at .22.

My local wal-mart usually has 50 or so boxes of 9 mil, 10 or so boxes of .45, 6 boxes of .40, 10 boxes of .223, and 50 or so boxes of 7.62x39. I went in there today and there was just 15 boxes of the 7.62 left, and a manager explaining why no more was coming. So when I left, there was only 10.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I'm able to find new production 9mm (PMC, Magtech, GECO) for between 22-27cpr online, INCLUDING shipping...so trying to find it locally with the added gas wasted and tax paid makes no sense.

PMC might be the worst ammo made. It is unbelievably dirty. If those others are comparable, I'll stick with the Federal at the high end of your range.

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    The Walmart on 26 (Randlstown) doesn't carry much tula, but they got tons of the other stuff in stock. So either that store adapted or gets a weird resupply.

Only problem with at this point is finding the guy with the key to the ammo display.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've talked to that guy. I think he keeps himself amused by seeing how much crap he can lay on people before they catch on. Or maybe he's just really odd. Either way, don't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom