• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I think a few (by no means all) of the shops that went under or will go under this year did so because of piss poor customer relations

I suspect that had something to do with Glade Valley. The few times I went in, I was totally ignored until I asked a question that was impossible to ignore, and then the response was grudging, to say the least. OK, fine. You don't want my money, I'll spend it somewhere else. Even with Lou.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There needs to be a dollar value (read tax loss) equated to these businesses going under or moving. Without a $$ value, it means nothing to them. Loss of TAX base might, maybe.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't have any to add to the list but will say that 2A seems to be doing well. I go there at different times during the day depending on my work schedule and always see someone involved in a purchase.

Maybe they will chime in here....

Feb 28, 2013
    WRONG.

The Bank Gun and Pawn DID NOT CLOSE.

I was just there about 2 hours ago picking up my lowers. There was another shop nearby that did close. Estate something. EDIT - Estate Brokers of Maryland in HdG.

I told the ladies about this thread. They laughed about them going out of business. The mother said, they are there for the long run.

Well then, that's a good thing.:thumbsup:

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    There needs to be a dollar value (read tax loss) equated to these businesses going under or moving. Without a $$ value, it means nothing to them. Loss of TAX base might, maybe.

I believe that Beretta stated they had paid more than $30 million in taxes to the state of Maryland over the years from their Accokeek operations.

JoeR

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Not a 2A related business, but we paid around 10k in MD state taxes the last full year my business and I were in MD. I don't pretend that it matters to them, but in the end it may add up.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Libertards will just say its due to a bad economy............sigh those people should have been making birkenstocks and tofu jerky.

Between the feds, state, and locals I am running 50 to 60% of income to taxes, and not exactly rolling in it (mortgage, kid etc.) dont mind paying my fair share but this is getting ridiculous

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    How many layoffs from downsizing the businesses that remain open?

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    Or, as a means to allow voters to come together in support of their state

IMO, we'd be doing ourselves a disservice to not have that arrow in the quiver.

I agree. I am working on a letter to the editor about Business and Job migration from marlandistan. This is just the kind of data I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom