• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm completely shocked.

Channel 2 is still out there?

;)

Seriously, though, it's good that these stories come out (even as rarely as they do), because it builds a nice little history of infringement, and preventing the vulnerable from the right to self-protection.

Oh... wait... She works on behalf of the Republicans, doesn't she?!!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm completely shocked.

Channel 2 is still out there?

;)

Seriously, though, it's good that these stories come out (even as rarely as they do), because it builds a nice little history of infringement, and preventing the vulnerable from the right to self-protection.

Oh... wait... She works on behalf of the Republicans, doesn't she?!!

It would be nice if more stories came out. :innocent0

I wonder how we could do that? :innocent0

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I believe the HPRB denied everyone and then announced they are taking the rest of July off for vacation.

Mr H

Banana'd

Attachments

• cl.png
      cl.png
      35.7 KB · Views: 380

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    I got home from travel today and read the letter in my own hands. Just out of curiosity, was everyone else's letter dated July 17, 2014?

I called the number which went to the voice mail of a Jean Goodman. I left a message but never got a returned call (no surprise there).

What I want to know is if I can get a copy of the transcript of my "review" which I wasn't invited to. They say in the letter that it emanates from the Woollard case, but if they really did review my case they would have seen that it was changed, and documentation submitted, due to work I perform in my employment.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    So it's looking like it was basically an across the board denial.

Again, so much for their assertion that a majority of applicants are approved for a permit.

Oh wait, they probably had half the Dems in the legislature apply just to keep their numbers up.

WV resident. Got my denial letter yesterday.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I got home from travel today and read the letter in my own hands. Just out of curiosity, was everyone else's letter dated July 17, 2014?

I called the number which went to the voice mail of a Jean Goodman. I left a message but never got a returned call (no surprise there).

What I want to know is if I can get a copy of the transcript of my "review" which I wasn't invited to. They say in the letter that it emanates from the Woollard case, but if they really did review my case they would have seen that it was changed, and documentation submitted, due to work I perform in my employment.

What was the date on the letter?

Mine was also dated July 17, 2014.

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    I called this morning and spoke to Ms. Goodman about the denial letter that I received this week and asked why I didn't get a chance to have a hearing. She stated (what I already knew) that the board has the option of conducting a hearing or perform a review.

I stated the facts that 1) timelines weren't followed according to regulations 2) the regulations state that if the board elects to review the record, the APPLICANT and state police shall submit information within 30 days of the review. How can this be accomplished if I wasn't notified of the the date? 3) If the board actually reviewed the file in depth, then it would seem to me that the denial letter would have been worded different because it didn't have anything to do with the Wollard case anymore.

I also asked if I could obtain transcripts of my board review and she said it is possible for a fee to have it transcribed and put on CD.

By the end of the conversation she said that she would go to the board on my behalf to request that a hearing be scheduled. We'll see......

I would like to point out that this was a very calm and civilized conversation. I know Ms. Goodman is only the middle person/office worker. She was very friendly, understanding, and willing to hear me out.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I called this morning and spoke to Ms. Goodman about the denial letter that I received this week and asked why I didn't get a chance to have a hearing. She stated (what I already knew) that the board has the option of conducting a hearing or perform a review.

I stated the facts that 1) timelines weren't followed according to regulations 2) the regulations state that if the board elects to review the record, the APPLICANT and state police shall submit information within 30 days of the review. How can this be accomplished if I wasn't notified of the the date? 3) If the board actually reviewed the file in depth, then it would seem to me that the denial letter would have been worded different because it didn't have anything to do with the Wollard case anymore.

I also asked if I could obtain transcripts of my board review and she said it is possible for a fee to have it transcribed and put on CD.

By the end of the conversation she said that she would go to the board on my behalf to request that a hearing be scheduled. We'll see......

I would like to point out that this was a very calm and civilized conversation. I know Ms. Goodman is only the middle person/office worker. She was very friendly, understanding, and willing to hear me out.

Very interesting.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    I requested a handgun review board hearing and never got one. Same timeframe as OP....

Have not received a letter yet (but the mail has not come today...)

Cyndi59

Maybe,Governor Hogan will remove the PRB from Maryland permently and disband their asses once in office..??I have pondered this question in general,why no one has seeked legal court action to the PRB the meaning to legally clearify this G&S nonsence and to explain themself's why 100's apond 100's are denied our basic rights of 2A..hopes I said my peace correctly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom