• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billy Bones

Flagoneer
    Mar 27, 2012
    Grasonville, Md
    Being fairly new to handguns, what do you consider the 'going' price for 9mm and .40S&W ammo?

I know (in general) lowest is always better, but is $.30 a round considered the going rate for 9mm? And $.40 for .40S&W?

Thanks.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    If you monitor GunBot you can often see brass case FMJ 9mm a bit cheaper. Freedom Munitions has 9mm reloads for $.24 and new for $.28-$.29 per round. I've never had an issue with it and shoot it out of my 9mm AR. It goes bang - not really looking for great accuracy at that price.

RP

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    If you monitor GunBot you can often see brass case FMJ 9mm a bit cheaper. Freedom Munitions has 9mm reloads for $.24 and new for $.28-$.29 per round. I've never had an issue with it and shoot it out of my 9mm AR. It goes bang - not really looking for great accuracy at that price.

RP

Going bang is fine but I prefer to be accurate when I shoot.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Check out ammoseek.com and gunbot.net. You'll get a good idea of what different types of ammo are going for. You just have to make sure you're comparing apples to apples I.e. Steel cased, reloads or remanufactured, aluminum cased, brass cased. You also have to add shipping.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    For range ammo I like to order from Lax Ammo I have found their prices to be the best consistently. Occasionally a sale some place might beat them by a couple of bucks, usually it is not much though.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Being fairly new to handguns, what do you consider the 'going' price for 9mm and .40S&W ammo?

I know (in general) lowest is always better, but is $.30 a round considered the going rate for 9mm? And $.40 for .40S&W?

Thanks.

That sounds about right to me

Yep. When I started shooting...2007? 9mm was 14c/rnd Before the last debacle, 9mm was 20-23c/rnd and .40S&W was 30c.

If you buy in bulk and keep an eye on the internets, you can find 23c and 35c respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom