• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    The Federal XM193BK is, I believe, rejected contract ammo, usually because the primer is not seal properly, etc. But from what I hear, it is a good round. And at 30 cents per round it is just a few cents more expensive than the the TulAmmo at Wally World... :D

EDIT: Shipping is $26.00 ground to MD, so that is about 32 cents per round for FEDERAL... not too shabby.

Let's all cry as we think about the prices of this stuff 15 years ago...... :(

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    The Federal XM193BK is, I believe, rejected contract ammo, usually because the primer is not seal properly, etc. But from what I hear, it is a good round. And at 30 cents per round it is just a few cents more expensive than the the TulAmmo at Wally World... :D

EDIT: Shipping is $26.00 ground to MD, so that is about 32 cents per round for FEDERAL... not too shabby.

It took me a long time to let go the $0.08 and $0.10 per round calculations leave my head.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Because the Central Planners centrally planned it that way.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

The military doesn't use M193 (and if they did, it wouldn't have a NATO cross), so I don't see how it's rejected ammo. Rejected brass maybe (possibly due to the primer sealant issue), but definitely not rejected ammo.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Id have to pass. I just bought three uppers , two LPK's, Two Charging handles with extended levers in the last week. and im buying 3 lowers tomorrow.
    I would be low on cash, too. Getting ready for a war? :party29: Very nice. I am hoping to spend too much at the KI Gun Show tomorrow.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I would be low on cash, too. Getting ready for a war? :party29: Very nice. I am hoping to spend too much at the KI Gun Show tomorrow.

I found some good deals on AR uppers. I bid and won the first (all minus BCG and CH) for 275.00 shipped( a 10.5" in 5.56)
    So i decided i wanted to build a few more.
    next was a 10.5" in 300 Blk out but i made a deal with the ppl to give me a break on shipping if i bought 2, so i bought a 16inch chrome barreled 5.56 as well.
    While i am putting alot of trust in a unknown company, I have read good reveiws of the ones ive seen. Besides if no one tried new companies you wouldnt know who the good ones are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom