Tell me what I don't know about this. WWII era Walther.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    What I think I have is a 1944 AC walther PP. Proofs and markings are correct I believe. Not sure if the one next to the trigger though. Any and all input is appreciated. Local pickup here in Ft. lauderdale.

No import marks, I assume a bring back.

I think I paid a good price, what would be the value on this?

Forgive me, Pics are gonna be one per post as I am on my phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 708

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Eagle/F, Eagle/C and Eagle/L stamps were used for police firearms. Here's an example of an Eagle/C on a Sauer 38h:

And an Eagle/L on a P38:

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    The Eagle/N is a commercial proof and all Third Reich era firearms have them in addition to the police stamps. The "Nazi" stamps you are referring to are only exhibited on pistols accepted by the Wehrmacht. The Kreigsmarine also had their own distinct stamps. So you have various "acceptance" stamps and they vary depending on who used the firearm in question. In your case, it was issued to police so it has commercial and police markings. I hope that makes sense. It can get VERY confusing once you really get into all the various markings but the above information covers the vast majority of cases that you are likely to encounter.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Nice find, and yes Police marked are more rare then Army marked pistols. My guess $800-900, what markings are on the mag?

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    WWII on the left- post war on the right. War mags have blued follower, post war silver.

Attachments

• DSCN0463.JPG
      DSCN0463.JPG
      57.1 KB · Views: 444

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Is it common for the Walther rollmark to be omitted on the WWII pistols?

Jul 1, 2012
    Is it common for the Walther rollmark to be omitted on the WWII pistols?

No, only seen on the last production guns...

This is a very late-war example, as noted with no slide logo on the left and "ac" mark on the right to denote Walther. A really really nice find, especially with the E/F proof which also indicates late war. Worth putting up on the Walther or P.38 forum to get more info...

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Found a database that lists these "blank-slide" guns. Yours is pretty unusual because the "ac" is to the right of the S/N, not under it. The data show this was only done on the first few. Lowest recorded blank slide is 369461p, the last one with "ac" to the right is 374654p, first with "ac under" is 374737p. It looks like about half of these blank slide/matching number guns around your S/N were E/F police guns. Not long after, the Allies captured the factory and most "blanks" after that wound up being mis-matched "cigarette" guns (looks like somewhere around the mid 385xxx range). I'd post the database but it's not mine and not sure about copyright issues.

There's a thread devoted to these guns on the P.38 forum under the PP sub-forum... that's where the database link is. You have to join the forum to see it (private like the watercooler, but much friendlier!).

http://p38forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29314

BTW - your gun isn't in the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom