• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Feb 3, 2012
    MOCO
    Anyone know of any good public lakes or ponds near McDaniel College? I'm not looking for your honey-hole or secret spot, just a public area with good access from the shore (don't have a boat).
    Thanks in advance.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    The community pond where 140 merges into 97 north has fish and lots and lots of geese (if you have a bow with a silencer).

Mayberry gun club has a pond but I think you have to be a member.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Prettyboy Reservoir or Liberty are heating up now. The bridge on Nicodemus Rd is a good spot and if that gets crowded there are plenty of shore spots at both reservoirs.
    Russ is right about the Farm Museum/Ag Center Pond and they stock it with trout every year. The pond at Random House is not too bad either..

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    LAKES AND PONDS

Bennett Cerf Pond (1 acre) - off MD Rt. 27 within Random House Industrial Park

Landon C. Burns/Farm Museum Pond (4.7 acres) - West of Rt. 32 near Center Street

North Carroll Community Pond (1.2 acres) - MD Rt. 30 at Manchester

Piney Run Reservoir (300 acres) - Martz Rd. off White Rock Rd. near Eldersburg

Westminster Community Pond (1.3 acres) - Rt. 140 at Rt. 97 near Westminster

Liberty Reservoir

Lake Hashawha (1 acre) - John Owings Rd. (Catch & Release/Artificial lures only)

This was from the Carroll County website.

Fishing in Maryland is another good resource to read. You can find it on most magazine racks.

Big_Leo

May 8, 2011
    theres a pond at roberts mill park in taneytown that gets stocked with trout every year in march. also has bass, catfish, and black crappie. its a 150 yard walk from the food lion parking lot to the waters edge.

TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    Here's my honey hole: Go to the end of Bollinger Mill road. There is a gate. Park on the left side. Go around the gate and follow the trail down to the right. a couple of hundred yards down on the left there are several trails to the water. Lots of fallen trees holding lots of big bass. Also, at the end of the trail, is where the old mill foundations are...at low water you can still see them. At high water the stripers can be huge out there. Some chicken livers wrapped in a piece of panty hose and tied on the end of the hook works well when used on a surf and tossed out in the deep water. Go to Reisters town bait and tackle. The guy has maps of the resevoir before it was damned. And great bait.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Here's my honey hole: Go to the end of Bollinger Mill road. There is a gate. Park on the left side. Go around the gate and follow the trail down to the right. a couple of hundred yards down on the left there are several trails to the water. Lots of fallen trees holding lots of big bass. Also, at the end of the trail, is where the old mill foundations are...at low water you can still see them. At high water the stripers can be huge out there. Some chicken livers wrapped in a piece of panty hose and tied on the end of the hook works well when used on a surf and tossed out in the deep water. Go to Reisters town bait and tackle. The guy has maps of the resevoir before it was damned. And great bait.
    :party29:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

I thought Reisterstown Bait & Tackle (Doug) closed up shop a year or two back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom