• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Colt's website says the AR6721 has a 1:9 twist rate which is the only thing I don't like.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/ColtCarbinesII.aspx

My Brother has one and it states 1:7... maybe a fluke? or an older model
    Here what is says on the manual:
    Colt AR6721 AR-15 5.56mm NATO Semi-Automatic Rifles
    The Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Rifle in 5.56mm features a 16-inch heavy barrel with 1 in 7" twist, matte black finish, flat top upper receiver, removable carry handle, 4-position telescoping buttstock, front adjustable post sight, rear adjustable sight, bird cage flash hider, front barrel lug, ejection port cover, cartridge case deflector, an overall length of 32 inches, an unloaded weight of 7 lbs, and a 20+1 round capacity.

The Colt AR6721 ships standard with the following: box, two 20rd magazines, sling

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    My Brother has one and it states 1:7... maybe a fluke? or an older model
    Here what is says on the manual:
    Colt AR6721 AR-15 5.56mm NATO Semi-Automatic Rifles
    The Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Rifle in 5.56mm features a 16-inch heavy barrel with 1 in 7" twist, matte black finish, flat top upper receiver, removable carry handle, 4-position telescoping buttstock, front adjustable post sight, rear adjustable sight, bird cage flash hider, front barrel lug, ejection port cover, cartridge case deflector, an overall length of 32 inches, an unloaded weight of 7 lbs, and a 20+1 round capacity.

The Colt AR6721 ships standard with the following: box, two 20rd magazines, sling

Thanks for the info. Weird. Maybe it's a typo on their website.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    They probably changed it to 1:7, with the competition peddling mil spec guns 1:9 seems to have gotten a bad rep of being associated with lower tier commercial grade ARs.

Maybe Colt decided to just go 1:7 across the board. Weren't the old Sporters 1:9? My ex girlfriends father had a 20" Colt Sporter marked CAR 15 on the side, it had a 1:9 HBAR on it. It also had the large pins.

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Purchased my complete upper from PSA on Tuesday. Just checked the UPS website and it will be delivered Monday! Great turn around time. I hope to buy a complete lower this weekend. Thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom