• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drnknmnky13

Nov 12, 2011
    Baltimore
    So you're saying he can legally own a firearm in another state according to that State's laws? :confused:
    FYI a felony conviction is a Federal prohibiter, as is any conviction for a crime carrying more than two years, and it applies nationwide.

This is an old thread, but I'm updating anyway as I spoke to my cousin and got some info. Keep in mind I'm not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to know all the ins and outs of the gun laws.

Anywho. He said that his felony was a class 6. Which in AZ means that if he completed all the stuff he has to do (probation, community service, restitution, etcetera...) they drop the charge from a felony to a misdemeanor. So although he was charged with a felony originally, it is no longer classified as such. So in AZ he said he could own. But because Maryland asks "EVER convicted"...and he is an honest guy that says yes...he gets dissaproved. He could probably fight it since he was technically convicted of a misdemeanor as far as the state that charged him is concerned.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    So has he tried to apply in MD for a regulated gun and been denied?

I wonder what actually shows up on a NICS check for him? If the Feds ok him in AZ with his 'now a misdemeanor, not a felony' I'm not sure that MD would ban him. Strange situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom