• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I'm still not clear on the requirement of a lock when doing a transfer at a MSP barracks. I'm doing paperwork on a Colt .357 next week. It's a King Cobra, which they stopped making back in 1998. Do I need to show up with a barrel (or any other kind of) lock, or is it not necessary?

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    My FFL in GB is wanting to charge me 30 bux for a lock when they finally transfer my P226 to me. I didn't know about this thread when I filled out paperwork, otherwise I would have asked if I can provide my own. Anyone willing to let me borrow one when it gets closer to my pickup date?

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I don't think you're "circumventing" the law. You are allowing a person to "comply" with the law by using what is required to satisfy the law.
    An excellent point, Bob. I will change my thinking on that:
    I have helped four members fully comply with the dumb law without having to waste money. :mdpatriot

read the first page. There is a living spreadsheet.
    I should just drop in here and post after every fourth or fifth post so they can see my signature. :D

laxman63

Jan 25, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    ....I should just drop in here and post after every fourth or fifth post so they can see my signature. :D

Support the Second Amendment Foundation when buying from Amazon ==> http://saf.org/amazon...

TapRack, pardon my ignorance, but how does this link to amazon help the Second Amendment Foundation? I followed the link, but when I got to amazon, I saw no info on how that link helps. Fill me (and others) in please, especially since I have an order I am getting ready to place.

Thanks in advance!

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    TapRack, pardon my ignorance, but how does this link to amazon help the Second Amendment Foundation? I followed the link, but when I got to amazon, I saw no info on how that link helps. Fill me (and others) in please, especially since I have an order I am getting ready to place.
    When you get to amazon through that link, there is a code embedded in the URL that gives the SAF credit. You may have to place items in your cart after following the link - I'm not sure it will give them credit for items already in your cart.

The link is on the SAF's homepage: http://www.saf.org/

laxman63

Jan 25, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    When you get to amazon through that link, there is a code embedded in the URL that gives the SAF credit. You may have to place items in your cart after following the link - I'm not sure it will give them credit for items already in your cart.

The link is on the SAF's homepage: http://www.saf.org/

Thanks for the quick response! I can (and will, just to be sure) always take the items out and put them back in!

Also, going to update my bookmark, so that I always get to amazon via saf.org in the future!

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for a .40 for my son's first handgun, he purchased 2/21 from Shooters Discount so it's getting close.
    If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. I live in the Dundalk area, and work in Arbutus / Halethorpe area and can travel to pick up. Would gladly pay for shipping as well.

Thanks,
    Hef.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for a .40 for my son's first handgun, he purchased 2/21 from Shooters Discount so it's getting close.
    If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. I live in the Dundalk area, and work in Arbutus / Halethorpe area and can travel to pick up. Would gladly pay for shipping as well.

Thanks,
    Hef.

Read post #1 and go from there.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    A thought -

Is there a way to make this a MDS member-only viewable document?

Pretty sure a non-member viewed this to obtain my borelock, which was never returned to me. Not really upset it was never returned, that's what safes are for, but it does bother me that I can't loan one out to some other MDS member now.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I have a lock for a S&W M&P 22LR Pistols that I will loan out

I might need to take you up on your offer,not sure a bore lock for a pistol will work, I purchased a 22LR western style Revolver 2 weeks ago, paper works in given current (7) 60 day windows I will need it around middle of May (Damm Maryland BS). Whats your preference, FTF USmail, UPS, use to work in Millersville, it about a hour one way for me I only go that direction ever couple weeks.:)

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I have a brand new 9mm/38/357 bore lock I am looking to trade for a .40s&w bore lock, anyone interested see my ad in the classifieds or pm me to trade ! I no longer have a 9mm so I have no use for it and I pick up a 40 soon so I hope to find one soon!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom