• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I got a lock included with my M&P40 that I picked up last week; PM if you want to borrow it when you pick up your PX4.

This lock included, if like every other SW MP pistol lock I have seen, is not a lock which satisfies the state mandate.

The omega type lock is a bullet like piece that locks into the chamber and is turned by a rod through the muzzle.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    anybody have a 45 barrel lock in the area of glen burnie. I also have a 9mm barrel lock if anyone needs one.

Last edited:

m33p

Feb 17, 2012
    Anyone have a "smith & wesson key"?

Got a call from gun connection saying my smith was in, but it didnt come with a key to the lock. I have no clue what she is talking about.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Great idea, all I have a Beretta brand cable style locks

Thanks, but unfortunately cable locks do not meet the law's requirements.
    Only barrel-blocking locks like those from Omega do. Those are the ones we exchange here.

So far three folks have used mine to legally circumvent this dumb law. :party29:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Anyone have a "smith & wesson key"?

Got a call from gun connection saying my smith was in, but it didnt come with a key to the lock. I have no clue what she is talking about.

They have no other Smith and Wesson firearms there?

Those cables would be easy to cut, too. Nothing hefty.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    My ffl won't let me bring in a lock, he says I have to buy one from him for $18. He said it's MD law. Does this sound right?

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    My ffl won't let me bring in a lock, he says I have to buy one from him for $18. He said it's MD law. Does this sound right?

That is incorrect. As long as you possess an internal lock at the time of transfer, you are obeying the law.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Does anyone have a Taurus Revolver key they are willing to part with?

I have barrel key for a Ruger SP101, 2.25" barrel in .357/.38

Here is a picture...

Attachments

• Lock 1.jpg
      Lock 1.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 303
    • Lock 2.jpg
      Lock 2.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 320
    Last edited:

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    I can see the FFL's viewpoint. I could tell him I have the appropriate locking device and not have one. Then if an accident happens and the investigation leads to FFL releasing the gun without a lock, the FFL is holding the dirty end of the stick. I bought two pistols, one had integral lock and the other had one in the box. I don't know if the MFG put it there or the FFL but it was there. In todays crappy anti-gun atmosphere, if I was an FFL dealer, I would do EVERYTHING to cover my butt.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I can see the FFL's viewpoint. I could tell him I have the appropriate locking device and not have one. Then if an accident happens and the investigation leads to FFL releasing the gun without a lock, the FFL is holding the dirty end of the stick. I bought two pistols, one had integral lock and the other had one in the box. I don't know if the MFG put it there or the FFL but it was there. In todays crappy anti-gun atmosphere, if I was an FFL dealer, I would do EVERYTHING to cover my butt.

You're missing the point of this exchange. There is a physical exchange. One borrows a satisfactory lock to pick up their handgun with. This isn't a lie or a bluff as you suggest.

Read the law, understand it and respond.

Mowog

Dec 1, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    Nice link- spreadsheet works nicely!

I added a 9mm and a .22LR Omega to the list. I am in Ellicott City area and can lend to anyone who could use them.

Bob

Mowog

Dec 1, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    Thanks, but unfortunately cable locks do not meet the law's requirements.
    Only barrel-blocking locks like those from Omega do. Those are the ones we exchange here.

So far three folks have used mine to legally circumvent this dumb law. :party29:

I don't think you're "circumventing" the law. You are allowing a person to "comply" with the law by using what is required to satisfy the law.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom