• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Greetings, picking up my first PCP toy, anyone know where I can get my new 4500 psi CF bottle filled around Waldorf or Southern MD? thanks

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Scuba shops AND you local fire department. Most fire departments will fill your tank for a small donation.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Scuba shops AND you local fire department. Most fire departments will fill your tank for a small donation.

Great point. My daughters rifle uses a thread geometry and valve setup that the FD couldn't connect to so we go to the scuba shop to fill the tank. They have a variety of connections given the multi configurations they need to fill.

If your setup matches what the FD uses you should be good to go

---
    Shamr0ck

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Thanks everyone, I'm kinda surprised that a FD would still do it due to liability concerns but will ask.

Dgates80

Jan 27, 2016
    Curious, newbie to this.... How many shots does one get out of a PCP rifle charge anyway? In general terms....

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    That is like asking how much powder do you put in a loaded cartridge. Can be just 2-3 grains for small caliber target loads to many hundreds for a 50BMG. Big bore monsters typ get 2-3 shots before the velocity starts dropping. A regulated target 4.5mm can go a hundred+ shots. Though I would generally say that manufacturers use large enough tanks to get 20-50 consistent shots. Note: you don't ever shoot the tanks empty. You fill, say, 3000psi and need to refill when it gets down to 2300psi. Every gun is different. You have to find (or tune) the max pressure delta that gives repeatable velocity.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    More then likely you'll need an adapter if the FD does it... plus the bottle has to be up to date Hydro wise.

Dgates80

Jan 27, 2016
    That is like asking how much powder do you put in a loaded cartridge. Can be just 2-3 grains for small caliber target loads to many hundreds for a 50BMG. Big bore monsters typ get 2-3 shots before the velocity starts dropping. A regulated target 4.5mm can go a hundred+ shots. Though I would generally say that manufacturers use large enough tanks to get 20-50 consistent shots. Note: you don't ever shoot the tanks empty. You fill, say, 3000psi and need to refill when it gets down to 2300psi. Every gun is different. You have to find (or tune) the max pressure delta that gives repeatable velocity.

Great answer, thank you! I figured that it might be so, and would vary from type and model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom