Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    This is the umarex and has gotten crushed in reviews. I'd be wary

Not hating on you OP, appreciate you looking out for the forum

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I have this rifle (paid more than twice that) and it has been an excellent rifle. Very accurate and fun to shoot. Shoots everything except the Thunderbolts. The barrel became heavily leaded from them. Cleaned it out and still works great. Larger magazines can be difficult to find, but they're out there if you're patient.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Realize that unlike the 15-22, everything in this rifle is proprietary. You cannot drop in a nice Ar trigger, and other parts/accessories might not fit.

I would (and did) get the 15-22 over the "Colt" (only thing Colt about it is the word Colt appears on the box and rifle).

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    This is the umarex and has gotten crushed in reviews. I'd be wary

Not hating on you OP, appreciate you looking out for the forum

Realize that unlike the 15-22, everything in this rifle is proprietary. You cannot drop in a nice Ar trigger, and other parts/accessories might not fit.

I would (and did) get the 15-22 over the "Colt" (only thing Colt about it is the word Colt appears on the box and rifle).

All the above ^^^.

Though some get lucky and get a good one, as an overall view I'd say stay away from the Colt M4.22 by Umerax (however one spells that) as I will be blunt here, they are a piece o' shit and why the hell Colt ever allowed a shitty made gun bear the name of Colt is beyond me. The S&W or Ruger will be a better way to go.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    All the above ^^^.

Though some get lucky and get a good one, as an overall view I'd say stay away from the Colt M4.22 by Umerax (however one spells that) as I will be blunt here, they are a piece o' shit and why the hell Colt ever allowed a shitty made gun bear the name of Colt is beyond me. The S&W or Ruger will be a better way to go.

if you want a good one get the S&W mp15-22:thumbsup:

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I had a choice of the S&W or the Colt, they were both the same price. My son has run 400 rounds down the pipe without a single hiccup whatsoever.

I chose the colt because of the all metal construction versus the S&W figuring the all metal would last a bit longer.

Post purchase opinion is that the Colt has been good to me thus far who knows where it will be in the next 5000 rounds.

My son likes the rifle and it fits him well. I am hoping the rifle lasts him another 5 years at which point I will be moving him into a big boys toy, ar-15.

Things that turn me off about the gun is the thin walled high tension barrel that is popping up in ever thing from these to the all the tacticool mp5-22 to the Ruger 22/45 lite.

The other big detractor is the inability to remove the bolt without going further than normal field strip.

I think there are better choices and find the S&W to be a piece of crap as well. If you want something real buy a 15-22 or a ruger 10/22 of course either choice is atleast twice the cost of one of these models.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was speaking of an ar-15-22 as in a ar-15 with 22 conversion kit. Sorry I should have been more specific.

OK.

Although using a conversion kit (versus complete upper) it not that great. the twist rate is wrong, and you can end up getting lead and powder residue in the gas system.

I would do a complete upper or an S&W 15-22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom