• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mstalcup

May 20, 2014
    St. Marys County
    I'm sure someone on here could answer this question for me. With MD's new gun laws, is the Alexander Arms .50 BEOWULF still legal for sale here? I have been wanting one for years and i just want to check and see if i can actually still own one here. Thanks in advance for any input on this.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yep, unless the MSP was stoned off their asses, there's no way in hell they could say it's anything but an HBAR.

mstalcup

May 20, 2014
    St. Marys County
    Thanks BradMacc82. I thought it would be considered a HBAR but figured I would ask you guys here first. Now I just need to sell a few things to fund this beast!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Trust me, sell more than you think you need to.

Factory ammo is holding steady at $1.24-$1.50 a round, and you'll go thru it quick if you're a recoil junkie. You'll likely also go thru a few optics, it's a scope killer.

Eo-tech 512 and up will survive well, as will the Aimpoint PRO.

For magnified glass, I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the cheap Centerpoint 2x7 muzzleloader scope - it's past 350 rounds and still holding strong. Tried a 4-16x50, but it'd shoot the mount loose (and knock the scope loose in the rings - too much mass).

Avoid the ambi charging handles, they have enough mass to undo the latch under recoil and pop you in the nose.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    A couple thousand 335gr Rainiers, CCI 350 primers and a bunch of Lil gun is a must for Beo plinking.

RL-15 if you want to toss the 530gr steel-tips at stuff. :D

For the lighter rounds, H110 and Lil Gun will do just fine. H110 can get messy thru a progressive since it's so fine.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hmmm that is some big money, didn't they stop making those and the 420gr steel-tips?
    I am still trying to find some decent priced Winchester Supreme 400 Grain Platinum Tip Hollow Points for reloading.

The 420's I haven't found lately, but PowerBelt is still making the 530's. Natchez has them.

They're not cheap by any means, but if I ever have to down an Elephant - I got it covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom