• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , Baltimore will freeze over before the sight I'd really like is within budigetary possibilty. On the other extreme , the dirt cheap ones seem to be multiple crap shoot as to working at all, and longevity if they do.

So the middle ground of under $100, and a degree of good reputation seem to the Bushnell TRS-25 and Primary Arms Micro Dot. My desires that might not be totally typical are : 1. Low mout on Rail is desired, no riser needed. 2. Just a Dot , no other reticules needed or wished. 3. Since it will flare for me anyway, don't need a big Dot .

I'm seeing these two within $10, not a big deal at that difference.

Any major advantages to either ? Does either or both suck ?

Any other under $100 , with unlimited eye relief , options I should look at ? Did anybody notice I ended a sentence with one of those whatcamacallits ?

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    I have both. Bushnell on a .40 cal kel tec sub 2000 and primary arms on a kel tec cmr 30. Both work as described. You would be fine with either.

jking22sf

Dec 12, 2012
    Somewhere in Maryland
    I have both and prefer the primary arms micro dot. The bushnell has a very pronounced blue tint to it compared to The PA. They both seem to work well and haven't had any problems with either of them though. Also the Pa appears to be more refined on the outside nothing significant I just think it looks better. They are only on range guns though so I'm not sure of the durability of either. I keep a t1 on my go to rifle.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It would have to be the AMC Pacer of optics for me to care about how it looks.

If I need absolutely reliable, indestructable combat Rifle sights , it's spelled *A1* . For this optic under discussion I am looking for range and possible hunting with AR pistol.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I faced a similar conundrum awhile back. After much research and head-scratching, I gave in, increased the budget a bit and am very satisfied with the Primary Arms MD-ADS.

Attachments

• Direct Positive+2__-2_tonemapped1024.jpg
      Direct Positive+2__-2_tonemapped1024.jpg
      30.9 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom